Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's about the WE scar

Hi to all,

Does the we scar actually work in the uk due to cold weather if it is imported from asia?

Is it good for outdoor skirmishes?

Does any one know what gear i should put on it?

Cheers Rhodesy.:D

As far as it working over here, it will work fine, more so now its starting to brighten up a little.

Comment

Re: Q's about the WE scar

Yep, OPEN BOLT kit

it will be a nightmare otherwise... and even then you will still be stuck with the broken hingeplates, i went through two before switching the green and then only lost the one lol..

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

cheers

Comment

Stock plates arent an issue in the new series of guns which if you buy new or check serial numbers youll get.

i used a new series scar with the standard system with the brass tube and worked fine in a very mild august ..not the hottest by any means..

but other wise youll be fine..open bolt kit is a good upgrade as well as well as an NPAS

Comment

What upgrade does the open bolt give? Ive just got a we scar, got a npas en route but not clear on the benefits of the open bolt system?

Sorry to hijack with a generenal gas question.
            Originally posted by Bluegill
            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

The Open Bolt looks cool...

no its something to do with the gas delivery..no brass tube..less cool down

although arguably some people say open bolt has more wastage per shot.

Comment

Both mine and Purcy's worked perfectly at the weekender. All i had to do to mine was change the o-ring on the NPAS for the o-ring on the nozzle. 2 minute job, and it fired like a dream. Always emptied the mag before it dumped the last bit of gas. And even in the night game i was managing to get full mags off. But that was on semi only in the night game.

The open bolt kit is just a gimmick. You'll need new mags, or new mag toppers to be able to use your old mags. And as Purcy said, it's more wasteful on the gas.

Comment

I'll stick to the NPAS and maybe lightweight bolt then. Cheers guys

Comment

Id love to see the difference between the 2.

Comment

The lightweight bolt will take some of the fun away from it. But would be great for the winter months

Comment

Its a pretty simple swap, i may get it for winter only, hmmm could be a good new tech thread, winterising your gbbr..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rhodesman123 Find out more about rhodesman123
                        Working...
                        X