Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Pvt. Newguy reporting! (what gun e.t.c.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pvt. Newguy reporting! (what gun e.t.c.)

Hey everyone,
    Had a look round and these forums seem to be a wealth of information, and Zero One isn't far from me in Portsmouth either. Done plenty of research online but only done an actual skirmish the once and loved it and suddenly had a burning desire to spend money :P

So of course, I'm new to airsoft and I'm here to ask the rookie question: What gun?

I've got my eyes on a Steyr AUG (civvie with the rail, rather than with the built in scope). Love the design, and they seem a very versatile gun from what I've read, although not on the light side. I was looking at Tokyo Mauri (buy quality first time round and you don't need to buy it again later), but from what I've seen on these forums the JG one is rather highly rated. Anyone got some input from that?

I'll have around £300 to spend on a gun and required accys (bats, mags and sights). Mainly playing Woodland but will be doing Urban too, as such I was looking at getting a decent red dot for now. Anyone got something they can recommend scope/sight wise?

I was planning (later on) on getting a shorty barrel mod for CQB, but want to be able to change back to the long one if I do a woodland day. Can changing the barrel often cause any problems?

Last thing: My only mode of transport to and from games is on a motorcycle. While I will try to find a tall backpack, chances are the barrel is still going to be poking out. Since this won't be recognisable to anyone who doesn't know what they are looking for, can you see this causing a problem?
    Alternatively are there any risks to the gun in transporting without the barrel? (Hop up contamination comes to mind, but since the AUG casing surrounds the firing area it should be protected).

Thanks kindly,
    Aj

Re: Pvt. Newguy reporting! (what gun e.t.c.)

I have heard good things about the JG augs, but a safer bet would be probably the TM as you wouldn't (touch wood!) have to buy replacement parts anytime soon. Higher intial cost would be covered by a lack of repairs :D.

The civilain AUGs aren't really that big, you could probably find a good enough backpack or gun bag. However having the flash hider poking out would be a bad thing as I think it is fairly obvious to someone if you walk past them.

I hope that's helpful!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
    Working...
    X