decent affordable walkie talkies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent affordable walkie talkies?

hey guys could you maby advise a few good yet afordable walkie talkies....?

i dont reay have a budget... but i dont .. at this point want to be spending 100 plus on one tbh.....

i would like one that has and ear peace and mic with it realy

thanks
    jak

Re: decent affordable walkie talkies....??

Any motorola ones are decent. Normally come in a pair with a charging dock, loads of channels and take normal batteries aswell as rechargable ones. Decent earpieces can be brought cheap. would recommend a replica bowman style, can't flaw mine
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

2nd thread of its type of the day

Google for Cobra MT975 or Motorola XTR446.
      Used the first, and am currentley using the 2nd (comes with cheapo headset) personaly i think PMR446 radios are like airsoft replicas, 100s of different shells with only a few internal differences.

Just waiting now for some cash and Zero one to get the adaptor in stock and i shall be investing in a Devgru throat mic

Comment

thanks guys, ahh well as you both mentioned motarola... i had a look at the "Motorola XTR446" sugested and ive fount them for around £57 for the pair... seems like a good price, and also had alook at the bowman stlye headsets... seems thats the kind of thing i would be after too

thanks for the help

any more imput/sugestions are welcome

Comment

me and my friends have motorola tlkr 5s not really got the look for airsoft but hide it in a comms pouch and use a headset its all good got 2 for £30 out of argos the other day for 2 of my friends who have recently started airsoft they can take a right beating and still work so all good and they have a 1 pin adaptor so like tisane im also waiting for zeroone to have the right adaptor for meee

Comment

how good are the tlks5??

just seen them on argos for £24.99

may get them
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

i use em they are reliable my friends one has been shot to hell and back because he just clips it to his shoulder they are rugged and reliable and you can use a headset with em

Comment

Motorola GP68,
                You can program to both british and american frequencies and what ever specific frequency you want. Will take a motorola 2 pin headset available from many HK websites for Comtacs/Bowmans/Swimmer headsets.

Comment

Depends what you want. You can pick up a pair of Binatone 950 for sub £40. The only disadvantage of them is that headsets for them are nigh on impossible to come by, unless you use mobile phone boom mics.
                  Most other brands are supported well, and for example Devgru adaptors are widely available.
                  So if you just want cheap comms, Binatone. If you want to add headsets later, Kenwood, Motorola, Intek.......
                  Google 'PMR radio'
                  Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

Motorola xtni

Be carefull with some motorola's as they beep when you make a transmission which isnt good for covert operations lol

Comment

damn it, there sold out on argos!!

can i order them for that price and get them when they come in stock??

im not sure how argos works

lol
                      FOR SALE
                      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Stay away from binatone they are a waste as you will have a pain with mics. I have the Xtr446 and they work well well they are good enough for me!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

I just remembered that I have a set of Motorola Talkabout T5412 somewhere in a box. I know that they definitely have a roger beep tone which is annoying, but surely if you connect a headset to them, you'll be hearing the roger tone through the headset and therefore not risking yourself being found in a bush behind enemy lines?

Could someone confirm that please?

To add, I'm glad that 2-way radios aren't seen as snobbishly as two tone weaponry & hi cap mags... 'cos I'm sure my radios are old and shit but they have 8 channels with 8 sub-channels each so I'm guessing they'll be fine?

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

As long as you can connect to teammates channels and you can get the headset you want (if you want one) then it will be fine .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

We use Cobra MT975. Two of us use motorcycle helmet mic kits fitted into our mesh masks and they work great. I've not compared with other sets though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakmoon Find out more about jakmoon
                              Working...
                              X