Ak for around £200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ak for around £200

My brother wants an AK varient. Hes not overly worried about the cost but wants the best value for money metal bodied AK - Ive just picked £200 as an example if it means going up to £250 its not an issue.
    Unfortunatly i dont know alot about AK's and all the different brands. My only experience is with a Cyma RPK i recently bought, which i believe is based on the CM048 with the steel body. However for a chinese brand the high end cymas seem expensive
    Cheers
    Last edited by flavourshaker; 9 March, 2011, 19:20.

Re: Ak for around £200

Thats because the high-end CYMA's are really good. My main weapon is a cm. 042. Great gun.
    Actually, a cm. 042 is a good place to start. I believe they go for around £180..

Comment

Cyber gun ak47 superb gun in standard form approx £150

Comment

I agree with hull. I am not too hot on AK's but cyma is defiantly a good start although if you can afford the extra go VFC :P.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

CYMA all the way. You can get a AKM/AKMs Metal and wood for £190, you just can't go wrong at that price had mine for 2 half years with no problems.

Comment

Uh-Ohh. I think I might have accidentally turned this into a 'I love CYMA AK's' thread!

Comment

does he want a good ak, or an outstanding ak?

CYMA are good, real sword are outstanding, and worth the £370.

Boris
              K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Ive seen VFC ak's for £250 new from a uk retailer. Theyre full steel with wood and the internals seem decent. £370 for a realsword is a little bit too much for him.

Comment

What about a D-boys AK74? I'm thinking of getting one. Been reading some reviews on it and they seem to be positive towards it.
                  The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

The Dboys/Kalash AK varients also have a good reputation.You can get spare parts for them. Which is important. Dboys do two versions. A full metal and wood ak varients which retail for around $115. And they do a full steel and wood varients for around $150.

I have the normal full metal and wood AKS74U Dboys. Very good. Reliable. Put a tighter barrel in it and it has amazing range and accuracy.
                    "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

I had a CA SLR 105. Not quite a proper AK but pretty much there. It was a lovely gun, very solid and reliable.
                      I've also heard good things about ICS.
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Mmm, ICS are good, but i think they are a little over his price range.

Ive heard before that Dboys are a little lacking internally. Can anyone confirm that? But ive heard they are very nice externally.

Comment

He could buy second hand?

Also, does he want classic or tactical? I have an SRC tactical AK which I purchased off here second hand but new for 200 quid....its a bloody excellent rifle.

Can also pick up a good CA or ICS AK on here for 200 quid second hand....both very good options

Comment

I can comment on the internals of Dboys.. Nope they are built very solid. Full metal gears. Decent piston. All i did on mine was put in metal bushes. And downgraded it to 330fps so that i can play at any site.
                            "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

I had a kalash AK, and to be honest it was the worst purchase I ever made....the range and accuracy was appalling, and that was after me adjusting the hop for a good couple of hours!

Of course, there are bad eggs in all brands....its more than likely mine was one of those.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

flavourshaker Find out more about flavourshaker
                              Working...
                              X