Getting my first gun unsure though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my first gun unsure though

Hello every one im planning on getting my first gun which is a ICS M4A1 Carbine, but i am unsure on which one i should buy the one with the folding bit at the back or the one that doesnt. Could someone list the pro's con's to each one, and point me in the direction i which to get also i need help with buying a battery and charger for the gun could someone recommed me one please

Sorry if i have missed a thread about this i do apologize.

Re: Getting my first gun unsure though

If I where you, I would go for something a little cheaper, as it's your first gun.

JG m4a1 - slding stock.

The sliding stock, you can adjust to different lengths. Although, not really much use.
    also, your limited to mini type batteries.

A full stock, you can put a large pack inside.

But I guess it's what you like the look of. It's all down to persoanl preferrence overall.

Comment

I got an Ics as my first gun and i was glad i did i got the m4a1 but after a while you want to more to it so if you can push the budget i would reccomend getting an ris one

Comment

Can't help you on the gun front. It's all down to personal choice. You'll want to give your gun a test run first, maybe borrow or hire. Some just feel weird, too heavy, too light, too long etc. We all find out style eventually.

Depending on how much you want to spend, a JG is a great starter gun.

Have you got your UKARA registration? Whatever you do, don't buy a two tone ICS.... you'll regret it forever!

For battery, I always use Vapextech, which are available on eBay. Top quality, and great price. A Pro Peak 2500 charger is a good charger, which will do fine for years to come.

Comment

i have a JG M4 S System, Very very front end heavy, though it feels quite good! Sliding stock is handy, big difference when its fully extended and when its not!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

dont get an s system they shoot good for a while then break i have 2 in my room striped being fixed plus i dont think their very ergonomic

Comment

Ok well im pretty decided on the gun and was thinking to get the bigger battery becuase bigger is normally better :P And i dont need UKARA becuase of were i live (Channel Islands)(I have contatced people about it and they said i dont need it) So will
              I be best to get a A Pro Peak 2500 charger, but not sure what battery

By the way thanks for all the help you guys have been awsome

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                If I where you, I would go for something a little cheaper, as it's your first gun.

JG m4a1 - slding stock.

The sliding stock, you can adjust to different lengths. Although, not really much use.
                also, your limited to mini type batteries.

A full stock, you can put a large pack inside.

But I guess it's what you like the look of. It's all down to persoanl preferrence overall.

I 100% agree, its the gun i first started out with i was well happy with it right up until i had a go with a M14 socom, then it was passed on to my bro when he started only hes not planning on changing it.

ben
                When the chips are down and all hope is lost.......Run like f.ck!!

Comment

if youve got the money go for an ics one but if you fancie saving a few pounds go for a jg and mabey a few acseories. i persume you meen the sliding stock and none sliding il ist the pros and cons:

sliding stock:
                  pros: adjustable, make it more comfertable for you.
                  cons: front wired batery +hard to get to

solid stock:
                  pros:back wierd easy batery acsses
                  cons:you can't adjust it.

if i where you id go for the best of both worlds a crane stock if you can offered to get it upgraded as this is the best of both worlds
                  i would get this http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/erol/erol.html
                  Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

I can't see the item you linked could you tell me what to search to get it?

Much appricated.

Comment

^ wouldnt go for ICS to be honest, there are better brands out there, G&P or CA... or a TM with metal body

but i would still choose the ICS over the JG

in terms of style - whatever you like best - personally i hate fixed stocks as they are too big and cannot be retracted and the folding stocks like the ICS para are unrealistic
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Okay I have decided to get the ICS one, with the solid stock so now I'm just intersted in what battery and charger I should buy, if someone would be able to help with that it would be super

Comment

G&P 9.6v 3300Mah NmH for solid stock, is what im gettting for my SPR when that gets done up. its got a high ampage and good power!

Comment

Originally posted by masei View Post
                            Okay I have decided to get the ICS one, with the solid stock
                            i did the same, and it was a good choice,never had any problem,but now ive changed the solid stock to a sliding stock.
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Ok thank you everyone I shall try to get A Pro Peak 2500 charger and a G&P 9.6v 3300Mah NmH battery

Thank you all very very much

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

masei Find out more about masei
                              Working...
                              X