Advice on p90 mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on p90 mags

Now I have heard the p90 hi caps stick? I have one and it sticks, I have a tm low/mid cap which is fine.

So what i want to know is how many rounds does the standard tm one have

How many round do the mid caps hold

Which midcaps would you recommend??

How do i sort my hi cap out and why is it such a dumb design where you have to take the mag out to wind it??
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Re: Advice on p90 mags

68 rounds for the TM standard cap.

Mid caps are usually 120 - 160.

And I wouldn't recommend the mid caps. Have a user on site who sold his Silverback mid cap magazines because they were hard to load, and often misfed. He now uses the TM 68's.

The design isn't dumb. You can actually fire all 300 rounds after winding it once. To sort the problem, you're going to need to disassemble the magazine and give it a proper going over inside, removing monkey grease and using proper stuff, etc, and then it should work. Alternatively, the China P90 high caps work fine.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I'm using Silverback Mid-caps (150 rounds.) They need a bit of love out of the box - a bit of lub and compressing the springs abit. Overall they're pretty good. Got mine for £55 for a box of 4.

I've also heard the MAG mid-caps are quite good too, but they're tough to get a hold of if you don't want to import.

Originally posted by Gaffa
      To sort the problem, you're going to need to disassemble the magazine and give it a proper going over inside, removing monkey grease and using proper stuff, etc, and then it should work. Alternatively, the China P90 high caps work fine.
      Is that 100% guaranteed to work?
      Current armoury:
      G&P MOE M4 - TM Sig 552 - TM Sig P226 - TM P90 *BROKEN, FOR SALE PM ME*

Comment

I had TM low 68rd, 300 rds mags and 300rds ACM mags.I found that the TM hicap would jam regularly but the cheap ACM didn't but they need to be striped and tighten the internal screws or they would fall out and jam the mags, I ended up using loctite on the screws to prevent this.

Comment

why is it such a dumb design where you have to take the mag out to wind it??
          Wind it fully until it starts clicking and it will last the entire magazine easily so no need for ingame winding
          Roses are red,
          Violets are blue,
          In soviet russia,
          Poem reads you!

Comment

Originally posted by wolf_4x4 View Post
            Wind it fully until it starts clicking and it will last the entire magazine easily so no need for ingame winding
            I did that and when i put it into the p90 it made a unwinding sound and then only fired 10 bb and it kept doing that every time.
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Get 'mag' ones. 190 rounds. Never had a problem , well apart from all p90 mags being a pig to load
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                I did that and when i put it into the p90 it made a unwinding sound and then only fired 10 bb and it kept doing that every time.
                That's because the BBs have jammed in the mechanism.
                When you load them, put about 20 BBs in, then wind the mag a bit, holding it feed-end down, to "prime" the mechanism with no load on it.
                Then finish filling.

Some people have put extra obstructions in the feed end which reduce the problems:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38789
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7912

I have as many problems with China mags as with my TM. Those fixes are on my to-do list.

Comment

MAG ones are good, but I broke countless speedloaders trying to fill them!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Beef Find out more about Beef
                  Working...
                  X