Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorola xt446 - any good?

Hi

Me and a group of friend were thinking of purchasing some motorola xt446 radios for skirmishing. Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and if they are any good?

Also, would they allow a devgru operator throat mic to be used with this?

I know that the throat mic would need the certain pin adaptor? Is it the two pin for motorola or the single pin for motorola talkabout?

Thanks for any info that you guys may have.

xtR or xtN?

Ive just recently changed from cobra mt975 over to XTR446.

Havent used them in a skirmish yet but tested them out with a cheapo headset and without while the mrs was walking the dogs

To me they seem clearer than the MT975s with or without a headset, apart from that i feel they are pretty much the same thing in a different shell.

The devgru i have researched quite a bit and its the single pin adaptor (Talkabout) that Zero one are out stock of that you will need.
    As soon as Z1 get that in stock i will be ordering the throat mic myself.
    Only downside to it for me is im deaf in my left ear and the throat mic is specific to the left ear, so im probably going to have to adapt it in some way.

Comment

Re: motorola xt446 - any good?

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      xtR or xtN?
      Regardless, they're both great, but the XTN is the one to go for.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

its the xtr one that we were going for I believe

Comment

Arent the XTNs harder to change channel than the XTRs?

Comment

Just be aware that devgru gear is in very short supply at the moment, I spoke to zeroone last week and they said that the manufacturer in Korea is not responding to emails etc and so they haven't been able to get any new gear in. I have been scouring the web for the icom connector and most retailers are out of stock. I just managed to swap my morphine two pin for an icom yesterday..
            Old feedback :D http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7655

Current Armoury: Systema PTW M4A1 2008 MAX2 Modded by Tac, KSC Glock 17

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jarrold View Post
              its the xtr one that we were going for I believe
              Cool, well I own two. Great radios.

Yes, the stuff from Devgru will work. I have their throat mic and works fine.

I know that the throat mic would need the certain pin adaptor? Is it the two pin for motorola or the single pin for motorola talkabout?
              Google could have told you this one. In fact, Google could've answered all your questions!

But it's a single pin 2.5mm job.

Arm - wish I had known. Have an Icom 2 pin adaptor here.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ahhh might have to get the throat mic alone then just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaLite5.56 View Post
                  I just managed to swap my morphine two pin for an icom yesterday..
                  damn predictive text on the iphone.. meant motorola..
                  Old feedback :D http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7655

Current Armoury: Systema PTW M4A1 2008 MAX2 Modded by Tac, KSC Glock 17

Comment

cheers for the info guys. Did take a look at google,found a lot of reviews of the devgru throat mic and know that they are good,just wanted to know if they would work well with this particular radio. The radio itself couldn't find any reviews but the specs sounded good, just wanted to get a bit of feedback from those who have used them as this would be my first ever radio.

And yeah have noticed that a lot of the devgru stuff is out of stock at the moment. Shame as I hear they are one of the best affordable throat mics around. I've heard that the cheaper ones are rather poor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
                    Working...
                    X