Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tightbores?

right guys,
    basicaly i need a TB but wasnt sure if every TB would fit in my guns. ive got a vsr but will any TB fit in it??? i no some lengths wouldnt but i wasnt sure

THANKS MKE
    sharpshooter,not sniper.

Re: tightbores ????

You need a VSR TB not any old AEG one. What VSR isit, G-spec or Pro. I believe G-specs take a 303mm barrel and a Pro takes a 430mm

Comment

indeed the above lengths are correct. Has to be cut at the end for a vsr, there are many about. EdGi barrels are excellent. Make sure you get spacers as well.
      Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

I have a TK Twist in my Bar-10, however it's not recommended unless you are firing around the 1 Joule mark. I agree with Taylorb Edgi barrels are very consistent.

Comment

yeah its a pro/realshock. ill definatly get one from zerone, thanks so much

MKE
          sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

Re: tightbores?

i have a tightbore in all my guns, even my pistols have them :P

Comment

Instead of making a new thread, I have a JG BAR10... What's the best option for me? It fires at 385fps as stock and I figure a tightbore will improve accuracy. Should I go for a 6.01mmm or a 6.03mm...

I don't plan on upgrading for out and out power as my local site allows 500fps on snipers max. and I would rather a less powerful, more reliable gun... I checked the VSR sticky but I must have missed if it mentioned which was best to go for...

Comment

I heard 6.04 is best for sniping...

Comment

Thank you! Anyone confirm this?

Comment

6.03/6.04 is best for tighbores in general i feel, due to BB imperfections 6.01 is just asking for trouble. unless the only ammo you use is very high end stuff you will end up with jam's a lot on a 6.01 in my experience

all my main guns have tightbores i personally use 6.03 madbul barrelsl but i dont have a typical bolt sniper so i have a wide range to chose from madbull is my prefered supplier.

Comment

So it's a balance of practicality and performance? Sounds good to me... 6.04 here I come.

I noticed some 6.00 barrels for sale... sure they must jam instantly?

Comment

Not really as BB sizes typically range from 5.94 to .96mm.
                        The bb will almost always be less perfect than the barrel its used in (even KSC GC's), as such the tigher bore is more likely to encounter problems with the imperfections of the bb. There is less clearance for small molding errors (which are always present), and with that, the gunk that can get in to the barrel can risk jams/poor accuracy more so than the stock bore diameter so you'd have to keep it well maintained.
                        Whilst the tighter bores seal better and have potential for higher velocity, they don't necessarily do wonders for accuracy for the said reasons.
                        Promy's 6.03mm is probably about the tightest id go for general use.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. So with this in mind, what size is your average stock barrel?

Do they make them pretty much oversize to cut down on tolerance issues during manufacture?

Comment

yes its a balance 6.04 isnt in my opinion tightbore

aim for a 6.03

as per sniperjesus sugestion the prometheus ones are nice as are madbull if you can get what you need.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

portermush SORRY IF I DONT REPLY TO PMS< I DONT GO ON THIS MUCH ANYMORE :) Find out more about portermush
                            Working...
                            X