What to buy? Tar 21, AUG or Scar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy? Tar 21, AUG or Scar?

Hi, im looking to buy a new rifle and just wanted to know your thoughts on which to buy.
    Thanks

Re: What to buy?? Tar 21, AUG or Scar??

Tar because its different and iv heard a lot of good things about it.

Comment

putting all the usual questions about your age & defense, UKARA, etc aside....

it totally depends on your budget mate, but just based on the options, I'd go with the SCAR

it's more adaptable to woodland & CQB, plus M4 compatible for mags

the new TM SCAR could be a winner for you
      h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

I've owned a Tar, I own a scar and my mate has an AUG. The Tar is ace but the trigger pull is heavy, which can lead to some miss fires because of the way the trigger works with a pre-cocked piston on each pull. If you want to get a Tar there are not many options available for customisation, as you have to buy specific rails for the gun.

The scar is great and comes with plenty of rails if you want to fit stuff on it. Not many body options but it's performance is quite good especially if you put a longer barrel on it, it has good range or an AEG.

My mates AUG, which to be fair is upgraded internally, has a great range and a great ROF and an impressive grouping at range. Also he's the only person I've ever seen at a skirmish with an AUG.

It really comes down to personal choice, the scar has the most customisation options of the three, but the Tar and AUG are a bit more exclusive.
        It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Just to add to the post above mine, the Tar also uses M4 mags as does the Scar.

Something else that just come to mind is that Bullpup guns internally are a bit more troupe than that standard guns, so if you plan on modding the gun it could be more trouble with the Bullpups.
          It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

I think ill probably go down the scar route because of the almost limitless attachments.
            Thanks for the help though. :D

Comment

I found the SCAR too heavy when I held it, but that's a preference thing. As has been said, it's got a plethora of options for attachments, if that's what one is into. I like the look of the TAR, but for me, the winner is the AUG.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Iv had a JG and Classic Army AUG and they were both amazing in performance! The CA was obviously better in build quality and performance and i was sad to see it go. AUG's all the way
                CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
                CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

Trouble with augs is they're getting harder and harder to buy. New ones are almost impossible to get hold of now
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Its totally up to you what you like the look of and weather you can work wiith the gun.
                    if you want some thing for CQB but still work the same out in woodland either of the bullpups ive got the tar21 and shes still awesome only problem is upgrades as i havent tried it yet :P

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

Aug all the way! Not really a fan of scar's and tried out a tar yesterday and it felt like it was about to fall apart :/.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: What to buy? Tar 21, AUG or Scar?

i agree withe everyones statement with the AUG!! I have a TM one with a Tightbore and silencer, range is brilliant as well as accuracy and im the only one at our site with one, or has ever been on site with one :D They are brilliant :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Turkey Find out more about Turkey
                        Working...
                        X