What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to let me know/move it or I will pm a mod to ask them to do so.

Ok so I've got into a trade with a member on this forum (wont name any names as nothings gone wrong as of yet) and I've sent off my TM L96 to him (two weeks ago), and because of my recent bad feedback I say to everyone that I trade with I'll send my gun/item first, to avoid any problems.

What I didn't notice is that he has a bad feedback too, and I only actually checked this today which in hindsight is actually pretty stupid of me.
    After I sent him a PM if my L96 arrived he replied it hasn't (after two weeks! :/) and that he's going to be unable to send the gun for two weeks, regardless of when mine arrives.

Do you guys think it would be wrong of me to ask him to send his gun to me before mine arrives, or perhaps arrange something with someone he knows? It could be that I'm completely over-thinking this and that it's simply taking a long time to get to him. (I realise I have a bit of bad feedback so that does make me lose a bit of credibility, however I do have a few accounts of decent feedback so I hope that counts for something)

Re: What to do?

Just wait 2 weeks and see what happens

Comment

Thanks, I probably will do that.
      If anything does happen I suppose I have his address after all.

Comment

have you tried checking with the postal servise you used? did you send it signed for ? then you would be able to check to see if he got it. just a thought

Comment

It was only sent via RM 1st class, but I've only really had problems with standard delivery, never 1st class.
          I sent other things out at the same time and they've arrived but maybe it's a problem on his end? I don't know, postage is just a great unknown to me :s
          Thanks anyway, all advice possible is really appreciated.

Comment

Oops!

You've sent a gun to a complete stranger 1st class? I don't wish to worry you, but you might have to chalk this one upto experience. What's to say he's actually already received it and as it wasn't recorded or even registered post, he simply claims a "No show"?

If he's already got bad feedback, he's not really going to be concerned about one more, is he?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news........good luck.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Yeah, does sound bad when you put it that way... It's not like I can't ever get it back if it really does go sour, I have his address and can go from there if need be. Just hope it won't go that far really.

Comment

Really hope things go well for you mate, I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what the outcome is.

Personally, I send every package via Royal Mail's 1st Class Recorded post and when it comes to guns, it's either Special Delivery (RM) of 48hour (Parcelforce), which are both tracked anyway.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Anyone on this forum mates with him, or play at his local site? Try contacting via them.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Thanks Gaffa, I think I'll follow suit and send via tracked if only to protect myself a little better.

And BAMF, I'll have a ask around to see if anyone goes to the same site as he does, thanks again.

Comment

Have you found Jesus yet?

If not, start praying ;P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                      X