Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

sorry to ask but am newish lol...

looking a my M4 cqb i wanna get the inner barrel longer so that i can maybe get a tiny bit more range btu also to stick a silencer on it.. what is the part that i need? is it just an extended inner barrel?
    sigpic
    9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Re: stupid question

Yes, then remove the old one from the hop up and replace it with the new one

Comment

Apparently longer barrels make no difference in airsoft. Plus also for the extra lengh you might need a new piston too.

If you want the silencer for looks though, might be an idea, because pellets *can* catch the lip of the silencer otherwise.

Comment

Yep Jagillham speaks the truth. If you want more range/accuracy then get a better hop unit/rubber and a promethius barrel. As above the air seal might be changed too, this is because the bb may not be out of the barrel by the time the piston is moving backwards.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the barrel length - worry about getting the hop set just right. Seriously a good hop can make a good 30ft difference with minor adjustments.
          I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

ive got a decent hop tbh i just want the silencer 'look', so whats my best bet?
            sigpic
            9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

Shove a silencer on the end.

It's what I did on my P90 and that has a reallly short barrel. The extra barrel length won't be justified. And if you want to change your load out you just unscrew it

Unless you're getting a really long silencer, in which case it would make sense to get a longer inner barrel to reduce the chance of the BB hitting the insides of the silencer.

How long of a silencer where you thinking?
              TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
              Tokyo Marui P90
              HFC M9 Special Forces
              KSC Glock 18c

Comment

not massive lol was thinking of the Guarder US OPS M4 Silencer (165mm x 40mm)
                sigpic

Comment

just stick it on the end.
                  I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Yup, with tallbloke on this one
                    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                    Tokyo Marui P90
                    HFC M9 Special Forces
                    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

cool well i'll buy that one tomorrow and post

cheers all
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

romeo 26 year old child, living by the sea... Find out more about romeo
                      Working...
                      X