Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-4 way communication solutions?

Hi guys,
    Again i have another question that must be raised.

What should i do with regards to communications?

Im looking for a set of 2 "walkie talkies and mic+earpiece". I would be splitting the price with my friend, but one or two of my other mates have said they might look into it depending the price.

I would like it to be compatible for most uk sites with regards to operating distance.

Any suggestions/prices

Pm me if you have links (as long as they don't violate ZeroIn rules)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Gaffa; 14 March, 2011, 00:44. Reason: Adding Info

Re: 3-4 way communication solutions?

I'd say one of the best is the Motorola XTN446; excellent radios with up to 2 mile range and include private scrambled channel options.

You can pick them up for good prices on eBay.

Comment

...or a Moto XTR446 - slightly cheaper.

To be honest, I'd get anything that uses the Talkabout, single 2.5mm pin connector as these seem to be the most common when it comes to headsets etc.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I have a t-cube motion tracker like the ones in aliens or i do have 2 motorola walkie talkies that work just fine
        the motion tracker co-ordinates team attack where-as these are robust walkie talkies operating on a few different frequencies, al digital and dopping one will not harm it even on gravel.

Comment

The trackers are absolute rip offs, and aren't really that useful (opinion, which is what a lot of other people say) - I'd hope that you weren't recommending them!

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I have to agree with Gaffa the Moto XTR446 is a good choice, slightly cheaper than the XTN446.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, Ive just been told that my mate and his friend both have some, but if i were to get a moto xtr446, could that connect with their ones. Yes i sound pretty dumb. But i wouldn't like to make a mistake. Ha.

Comment

The motion tracker looks good, But only if money grew on trees.
                And i pefer radios/walkies because you can be more precicse, for example;
                Say i was defending a checkpoint, and i was under heavy fire, my friends wouldn't know that if i was using a tracker, where as with the radio they would obviously know.

But yeah, looks like a little fun toy to have.
                Possibly useful for snipers.

But don't we wish the heartbeat sensor was real? :D

Comment

As long as your friends radios are PMR 446 compatible, then the XTR will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                    As long as your friends radios are PMR 446 compatible, then the XTR will work.
                    Stupid question, but.... how do i know if they are PMR 446 compatible?

Comment

I com are. The way forward

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
                        The motion tracker looks good, But only if money grew on trees.

But yeah, looks like a little fun toy to have.
                        Possibly useful for snipers.

But don't we wish the heartbeat sensor was real? :D
                        Damn straight I wish the heartbeat sensor was real but the motion tracker cost a lot but silent so do sniper rifles like... a DSR-1, no walkie talkies are good, in-expensive and have a good frequency, does anyone else own a motion tracker?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                        Working...
                        X