Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMAG Clarificarion...

Evening people,

Having decided to get me some Pmags, I've been searching about and have been left a little miffed as to what's what. Being only interested in midcaps, I've seen things ranging from 70rd to 120rd with 80 inbetween. There's talk of these Magpul licensed Star 'green label' mags which alot of people are saying are pretty shite. I don't want to be forking out for the green label ones if they're of an inferior quality.

I've seen 70rd mags advertised as genuine PTS Pmags and some 70rd ones being sold as Green Label. Just wondering if there's a list of Pmag capacities somewhere which shows which capacities are Magpul PTS or not. Basically a way to isolate the crap ones.

How do I tell the difference?

Cheers (and sorry again about more naive questions)

Blue

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Re: PMAG Clarificarion...

The PTS ones are the 120 rounders and they only come as singles I think.

Comment

Youll want to check they fit first though! Recently bought a Pmag only to find it didnt actually fit in my rifles magwell, too wide!

Comment

Magpul PTS mags comes in 120 rds or 70 rds

Normal size 120rds
        Short size 70rds

The PTS short style mag is larger than the green label short mag. The PTS version is based on the size of a real steel 20rd mag. Whereas the Green Label is alot smaller

Green label come in a variety:

Normal size, 30rds, 75rds
        Short size, 20rds, 50rds

The Green Label mags are a pile of cack when it comes to fitting rifles. They are generally very loose and feel cheap too.

The PTS mags can be tight fitting in some magwells. But they feed brilliantly.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
          Magpul PTS mags comes in 120 rds or 70 rds

The PTS mags can be tight fitting in some magwells. But they feed brilliantly.
          Id have had to file the crap out of my magwell to get one to fit! It definately was not going in there!

Comment

Cheers guys, great info as ever...

So what to make of people selling 80rd Pmags? I'm guessing they're selling green label Pmag 75rds?

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
            Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Which manufacturer of body do you have mate. I find them tight fitting in CA, a tad loose in G&G, and perfect in pretty much everything else iv'e tried.

They'll either be fake Pmags. Or the Green Label ones mate yeah. If they are in a box set. They are 100% Green Label.

Comment

the P mag that didnt fit? are you looking to sell it?
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

The Green Label mags are a pile of cack when it comes to fitting rifles. They are generally very loose and feel cheap too.
                  I recently bought a box of the 30rnd green labels and the above is completely right. I must have lucked in as mine actually fit the rifle I wanted them to.

Comment

Iv'e had about 5 boxes of them. The only gun i got them to fit was a CA sportsline. But they didn't feed at all

Comment

Which manufacturer of body do you have mate. I find them tight fitting in CA, a tad loose in G&G, and perfect in pretty much everything else iv'e tried.

They'll either be fake Pmags. Or the Green Label ones mate yeah. If they are in a box set. They are 100% Green Label.
                      Think it was a green label mag, didnt have PTS on it from what I can remember! Not sure though.

The rifle is a Metal body JG M4 CQBR. One of the old ones that apparently came with a Mosfet inside? Not sure if thats true or not. It has one now at least anyway!

I wasnt the only one, another user, Crash, also tried P mags in his rifle, KWA I think, to find that they didnt fit. Emags however, did

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                        the P mag that didnt fit? are you looking to sell it?
                        Sold long ago bud!

Comment

I can confirm that PTS mags fit JG's mate. I tested out my PTS 70 rounders to chrono a friends JG M4A1. So you either had a clone or a PTS mag. My guess would be a clone

Comment

Must have been a clone then!

In that case Gill, dont get the clones :P

Comment

DOH!! Clone or green label i meant.

I'm 80% sure it was a clone even without seeing it. I had a few waterlooville Pmag clones. They held 80 rounds and had a clear window on them. They were awful for fitting into magwells.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bluegill A born reject Find out more about Bluegill
                              Working...
                              X