ASG AUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG AUG

After a search of the forum I could find nothing on this gun.

Does anybody know anything about it? As far as I'm aware it's new to the market. My plan is to buy a new AUG soon. Question is do I go for the ASG which is at a very decent price new or do I go for a used TM or something off the forum?
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Classic army?

Comment

Re: ASG AUG

Already owned one. Didn't think much of it to be honest but it's a possibility. The TM and ASG are the ones I've not sampled yet.

Is ASG a rebrand of the JG one or something?

Comment

I think so. I had the Jg an didn't keep it long. The trigger was of awful build quality. Kept making a snapping noise when releasing it and it put me off a lot.

I'd go with a really tricked out TM to be honest!

Comment

I believe ASG is one of those companies that buys out companies, like cybergun.

I know for a fact that ASG incorporates KWA and Double Eagle....I think it also incorporates cyma and jing gong too but not 100% there.

I know KWA have brought out a whole bunch of new products....could it be this new ASG Aug is a KWA production?

Comment

I dont think they "buy companies out" as such id say they just buy unbranded versions and put there stamp on but being ASG it could be any number of makes.

Comment

The ASG aug is probably a JG re-brand, Saw an ak at the weekend on my mates shop (he brings stuff to site to sell) The ASG AK is so much a JG even the battery is still labeled JG Works.

ASG have been doing a lot of re-branding recently, I would even go as far to say they are the European version of Echo 1.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I thought ASG where a EU rebrander/reseller that import asian kit and sell on
                Originally posted by palmer234
                Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

I think I am leaning towards the TM more. The price of the ASG is just so damn tempting though. But if it is like the JG that would put me off. When I owned one although it was very accurate and had a huge range it was plauged with problem after problem.

My guess is a TM with a spring upgrade and a TB barrel would be a real contender at a skirmish

Comment

Yes ASG rebrand stuff and in the case of the AUG is a copy of the JG AUG, however be wary as their build qaulity sucks. We have several as hire guns at our site and the receivers on them use the cheapest, thinnest plastic going. So much so that if the weapon takes a few rounds you end up with holes. Shocking really. The same thing has happened with a load of new ASG G36 we just obtained, less than a fortnight old and bits snapping off like the stock retaining catch and peppered from taking shots. The internals like the gears etc are JG Branded.
                    Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

Well that's that one decided. I will stay away from the ASG!

Comment

The ASG AUG is JG or some other Chinese clone , My friend brought one into work for me to identify , 0 trades apart from ASG branding
                        Hate.
                        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

The TM AUG has a fantastic quality of build. It creaks a tiny bit at the back end but nothing annoying, certainly wouldn't be a problem at a skirmish etc. The vert grip can be wobbly but that's a known weakness along the board of AUGs I'm guessing. It feels rock solid and definitely doesn't have a cheap feel about it.

Go TM for reliability (and the hop )

Blue

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Well, if it's as good as my TM MP7 it's a purchase I shall be very happy with

Comment

I'm sure the ASG is a CA Sportline. The ASG AKs and G36cs are rebranded CA spotlines. The JG hasn't been in production for ages, and they aren't usually rebranded. Pretty sure it's a CA 'Value Pack'.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                              Working...
                              X