Ways to hang a gun on a wall ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to hang a gun on a wall ?

For those who have hung a gun on a wall what method do you use ? or what hooks ?

Thanks

Re: Ways to hang a gun on a wall ?

2 srews and then hang a sling over that

OR

put a screw in the trigger area and put one at the front under the barrel (works but harder)

what i do mate

Dom

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65888 that might help
      Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
      The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

there is no sling and wanted something a little nicer than a screw.

if i remember you can get rubber coated screws maby that will be strong enough.

Comment

Have a word with Josh, noticed yesterday that he hangs his vsr and m4 on the wall using a hook with a rubber end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For my real steel Ak47 I use a single bracket I made from aluminium, painted black and screwed to the wall, then the receiver sits in the bracket. Can't even see the bracket.
            I can make these up but they'll only really work for AK series because of the square shaped body.
            For M4 or similar a couple of well placed screws into the wall will hang them and out of view
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Ermmmm

Use the bits to put up shelves, but don't hand a shelf on it...
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

most pound shops sell assorted size packs of metal hooks with rubberised plastic coating. they seem to work well.
                Originally posted by richardy
                Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
                Amen.
                Originally posted by midas
                lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

Most of these tricks will work perfectly well. Some are easier to do than others.

BUT, remember that airsoft guns (well most anyway) aren't built to withstand the same abuse as real guns, so putting weight on the barrel isn't a good idea in the long run as it will weaken the barrel-body joint and also potentially bend the barrel. The closer to the body that you put the bracket/nail (etc) then the less stress you put on that part. But, if you have a gun with a long, heavy barrel then this can start to bend down if unsupported.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats a good point so for a long heavy gun 3 point are prob better,

I had another idea, some sort of mount that comes out in a round dowl then cover in camo tape.

J

Comment

What I used to do, back in the 80's when you could buy kit replicas, was to use small shelf brackets and bend the last inch or so up 90 degrees to stop the gun slipping off the bracket if knocked. I always used 3 per gun after having an LS M16A1 replica snap clean off at the body-joint!

Dowels would need to be either fitted into piece of wood, which in turn would need to be screwed to the wall, or would need to be very long (and, therefore, weaker) to fit into holes in the wall. A bracket like the one below would be quick, easy and secure.

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

b16jus Im me....... Find out more about b16jus
                      Working...
                      X