Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder maul help.

Hi guys.

My friend has got himself a JG thunder maul, VERY nice gun I must say.
    And VERY nicely put together too.

But my question, on his behalf is, Will a standard m4 top mount fit the carrying handle?

I ask because there is some extra plastic around the handle, which might make it difficult to put one on.

Cheers.

Re: Thunder maul help.

I have seen them with top mounts on so it is possible to fit them. As for how easy it is to fit them I dont know.
    They do look really nice with carry handle mounted ACOGs too if he doesnt want to go down the red dot road.

Comment

the thunder maul will take a standard rail mount in the handle (i have done so with a cheap one from ebay) i did have to file down a littel to fit snug but think that was the moulding of the rail not the rif.

it is a bit fidely but ok however once rail is on a lot of scopes will still fould on the plastic trim

acog will go but looks silly
      large eotech wont fit.

think canti mounted red dot would look best

Comment

Its an m4 underneath everything fits just like an m4.
        It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by deadmonkey View Post
          Its an m4 underneath everything fits just like an m4.
          this is technically true but as mentioned the plastic exterior shell does foul part sightly and it will fit as mentioned.

space to slip nut in is a little tighter than on a usual m4 but will go and the trim does catch the edges of the rail at the rear of the carry handle making some scopes not fit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
          Working...
          X