mesh or plastic goggles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh or plastic goggles?

what are your views on mesh style goggles as opposed to a plastic lens, thinking of changing to mesh as i cant put up with plastics fogging up all the time! also do the mesh ones obstruct your vision much?

Shawzy
    sigpic

more feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19678

Re: mesh or plastic goggles?

Mesh :D

I can't think of anybody I know who has gone back to normal glasses after using some proper mesh goggles/glasses.

They don't steam up, and provide a full seal around the eyes. Some people are concerned about fragments getting through, but on the flip side most glasses have massive gaps all around them!

Check out "Bitter End" and "Heroshark" - I have both, tried and tested for over a year with no issues!

Comment

agree with jag. once your eyes adjust they don't obstruct your view at all. and I have been shot in the face numerous times and have never had a bb chip or split into my eyes. if you like running around then goggles just aren't an option as the steam up constantly
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

nice ones guys, keep seeing anti fog ones from HK but i just cant see them actually working!

will look into some mesh ones cheers
        sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by shawzy View Post
          nice ones guys, keep seeing anti fog ones from HK but i just cant see them actually working!

will look into some mesh ones cheers
          your right, they dont, hk goggles always steam up on me

Comment

i have some ESS ICE2.4 glasses, never fg up on me... but I sue the ol anti fog trick!!

Id like to go the way of the mesh, but im still not sold on it at the moment!!
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

At the start of the day, when you first pop on the mesh goggles, your like "whoa! All I can see is black lines across my vision, how can I see with this?" ... about 10-15mins into play honestly youll probably forget your wearing mesh at all, your eyes adapt to see passed the mesh very quickly as your usually focusing on more distant objects.

Ive worn mesh really since I started playing properly, I wear correction glasses so mesh is really the only option for me or else I get a double steam up lol. For me this helps remove the "fragments" worry.

I also tried a mask with a fan, it helped a little, but unless your using a huge fan, its not gonna keep up with heavy breathing lol

EDIT: Actually the mask im wearing in my avatar is the afore mentioned "Fan" mask

Comment

USMC metal mesh goggles purchased, sorted!
                sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Good

Comment

As above once you use mesh it's hard to go back to normal goggles

You will be pleased ESP no more steaming up

Comment

Im still not sold on mesh, used a mesh mask once and absolutely hated it, couldnt see jack shit in the dark areas, got a few fragments of BB in my eyes, nothing major just a hella irritation.

I also suffer really badly with fogging, until I picked up a pair of ESS ICE 2.4, theyre bloody brilliant and I dont think I'll ever use anything else. Combined with the ESS NOFOG cloth theyre brilliant.

Comment

It's weird, I have a pair of Bolle tracker glasses and a strike style half mesh mask. The glasses have a nice (but optional) attachable strap included which hold the glasses as tight as you like to your face. I've never had a problem with them fogging at all and I don't use anything anti fog.

I must try some mesh ones though, 'cos hell, you guys swear by them

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

I find washing my googles in fairy liquid, letting them dry, then applying a little more fairy and allowing to dry without rinsing keeps my goggles from steaming up!
                          King for a day...fool for a lifetime.

Citroen Picasso, 3 booster seats for kids in a fetching Tactical misty Pink. Thats how I roll

Comment

Originally posted by neott View Post
                            I find washing my googles in fairy liquid, letting them dry, then applying a little more fairy and allowing to dry without rinsing keeps my goggles from steaming up!
                            Nice and clean too I bet

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                            Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

I use the fairy liquid trick aswell, seems to work fairly well, occasionally need to top it up though.

Also, it fails in the rain :P
                              WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shawzy Find out more about shawzy
                              Working...
                              X