Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the best from an M14?

hi chaps

this weekend i finally got chance to have a decent test shoot with my TM M14 SOCOM. it's stock apart from a new spring to push up the fps to 340ish.

well, altho the gun itself is brilliant, i was expecting a bit more performance-wise.

it was reaching 50m (.20's) no probs, but i was really hoping for more than that. my old DBoys SCAR could get similar range.

anyway, my question is - am i being greedy with my expectations?
    would a tightbore, hop fiddling and heavier BB's get me much better results?

my ideal would be to outreach most AEGs
    h e y d r i c h
    L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Re: getting the best from an M14?

Simple answer

going to sound harsh but hey

Use the search and google as there is loads of guides about m14 performance and enhancement etc

Comment

well, after a fair bit of searching/googling, i've concluded that a TB is the way to go (along with heavier BB's & ensuring the hop's set properly).....

so, which one would you recommend?
      i've looked at Madbull Black Pythons & Prometheus (both 6.03), but i did read good things about Promy 6.05's?

any opinions on (1) which TB, and (2) are the gains worth the expense?

not too bothered about the cost, but only if it's going to yield decent results in terms of increased range/accuracy
      searching for this specific info has proved difficult, so any answers here would certainly be appreciated

cheers
      h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

i had my m14 serviced bf4 i sold it they used .25s at it ranged at 65 metres without a tight bore so i guess add a tight bore and jobs a gooden try get a twist barrel if there is one available for m14 socoms
        sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

heydrich Find out more about heydrich
        Working...
        X