Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

JG MP5, can this be upgraded to be a great gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG MP5, can this be upgraded to be a great gun?

Hi, new to airsoft and the forum.

I've been looking into buying various AEGs and the choice is quite bewildering. I think I'd go for a full metal model as I'd like the gun to be pretty sturdy. My budget is anything under £150. I've seen a few Jing Gong MP5s which are in my price range but they all seem to use "small" batteries located in the foregrip, which may not last a full day's skirmishing. Am I right in thinking that JG guns are built to be upgraded and modified with standard airsoft MP5 accessories? So for example I could get a JG MP5 with a foregrip and retractable/folding stock and add a full stock and put a larger, more powerful/longer lasting battery in there and replace the foregrip with a regular MP5 handgrip?

Any one have any advice on AEGs in this price range or JG guns?

Thanks

Re: JG MP5, can this be upgraded to be a gret gun?

If you would like a large battery for a gun that only fits small, you should buy a laylax battery sling. It will hold a large battery and will connect to a small tamiya connector.
    You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

A mini batt should last most of the day, maybe all day but you could just change batts at lunch time and yes you can modify and upgrade JG guns but its probably a good gun out of the box.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

My friend has an MP5, not sure what kind but his battery was situated in the foregrip, but he then bought a solid stock and now has the battery in the stock, which fits a large battery but wouldnt recommend unless uve changed the internals, the stock is alot easier 2 open than the foregrip.

Comment

thats true it can be much easier to changed the battery from the stock than the foregrip,its very awkward especially if its a tight fit,because i didnt want a solid stock anymore ive changed to Li-po battery stored in a vertical handgrip...that batt will last a couple of days
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i use a full stock on mine with FireFox 9.6V 1500mah Ni-MH mini Batterys
            Originally posted by owainthegreat
            You sir, are a potato.

Comment

Re: JG MP5, can this be upgraded to be a great gun?

you can buy a large mp5 handguard that fits large batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Big John View Post
                you can buy a large mp5 handguard that fits large batteries
                yh but they look lame
                You sir, are a potato.

Comment

Did I hear somebody say MP5 :D

Pretty much all MP5 parts can be changed between each other. ICS, TM, JG and some CA.

If you want the large battery, you'll really be wanting the solid stock version. I'd recommend that :D Best bet is buy of the forums, £150 gets you one new JG MP5 RAS. Or on here, you'll get a TM with mags for that

Comment

Ics no.

Ics have a different gearbox design to JG & TM.

Comment

Not sure you're right there, they both run a standard "TM Style" V2 gearbox.

(I've got an ICS/TM mongrel. Plus owned the CA and JG versions.)

Comment

I've owned both JG and ICS, and the ICS has a different design to the JG and mp5 type.

Or maybe it's because the ICS has a sliding type lower reciver...But either way im not sure they are interchangable due to the differences.

Comment

Either way, I KNOW the CA B&T version is not compatiable with the ICS receiver - unless you like filing 4mm of plastic down :D

To OP: Look on the sales section now, TM MP5A4 for £140. :D

Comment

cyma metal bodies and receivers wont take any other type of gearbox unless you slice it up which takes ages, but i suppose thats what i get for buying cheap :p
                            You sir, are a potato.

Comment

Originally posted by cm1985 View Post
                              Hi, new to airsoft and the forum.

I've been looking into buying various AEGs and the choice is quite bewildering. I think I'd go for a full metal model as I'd like the gun to be pretty sturdy. My budget is anything under £150. I've seen a few Jing Gong MP5s which are in my price range but they all seem to use "small" batteries located in the foregrip, which may not last a full day's skirmishing. Am I right in thinking that JG guns are built to be upgraded and modified with standard airsoft MP5 accessories? So for example I could get a JG MP5 with a foregrip and retractable/folding stock and add a full stock and put a larger, more powerful/longer lasting battery in there and replace the foregrip with a regular MP5 handgrip?

Any one have any advice on AEGs in this price range or JG guns?

Thanks
                              I can see why you think they are, but no, they're not. JG are a make of as good quality as any other, designed to be taken out of the box and used straight. Very few companies make guns you are intended to upgrade, except perhaps kits. A small battery should last you a day, if not buy a second, but you could install a solid stock for an extra battery, but its not intended that you do so. If this is your objective, why not cut out the middle man and just buy an A4 or solid stock model?
                              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cm1985 Find out more about cm1985
                              Working...
                              X