l96 bb distance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l96 bb distance problem

i own an mauser l96. It fires at 440fps. Im using 25g bb. Of good quality. Im sniping and im noticing its dipping and drops at 35ish 40 meters. Is it the weaght of the bb thats the problem. Not enuff weaght to go the distance? Please help

Re: l96 bb didtance problem

Is the hop adjusted?

Comment

Make sure the hop is adjusted correctly and also, don't bother using .25 and pick up a bag of .36 instead as they will improve your accuracy and range also.

Comment

it is asfar as i know. Ive shot it at difrent adustments. Making bit of a difrence. Not alot thow. Should i try 30gs+

Comment

somthing told me to try heavy ammo. Its easy to throw a light stone but a slightly heaver stone gose further. But i thought i best post the problem

Comment

Well turn the hop all the way up. The BBs should curve sharply upwards. If this doesn't happen, the hop is either faulty or just bad.

Comment

Buy heavier BB's then adjust accordingly. The same hop settings will give you different results when using various weights.

Comment

Re: l96 bb distance problem

no the hop sounds a duff'un get a new one (firefly hop or something) as if its only going that distance with a .25 theres something wrong with the hop. also get some maruzen grand master bb's or some .36s

Comment

Re: l96 bb distance problem

Not the hop at all

The Mauser is a crap clone of the maruzen internals and with .25 it's about right

The Hop unit needs replacing fully and barrel then switch to .3s

also check you have not dislodged the unit

Also you WILL need to read the l96 threads on the single action tech section as contains nearly every answer you will need

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

daniel murphy started playing airsoft a year ago. got hooked. now im one of my teams sniper Find out more about daniel murphy
                  Working...
                  X