A question regarding high velocities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question regarding high velocities

Heya dudes. I've recently got my PSG-1 up to snuff, hitting 400 FPS.

Now with it I can hit tin cans off the back of a trailer from 50-60 meters. Not every shot obviously, but it can hit them

So I'm thinking if I can hit a tiny tin can at that distance, I hit a person from about 70 meters.

My question is: Is it worth upgrading to 450-500 FPS? What is the point? Will the BB fly straighter for further? Will I get more distance? Is it worth spending £80 on a high torque motor and 300% spring for it?

Re: A question regarding high velocities

Keep in mind it might be quite close to site limits, which are by the way?

Your going to see them go a bit further, faster, probably straighter in wind. You gotta ask yourself, do you want it any better?
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

The limits at my site are 500FPS.

I don't think I need any more distance. Speed doesn't bother me as it gets there in a second or two anyway Straighter, that's about the only thing I'd want.

Comment

FPS doesn't really equal range. It has a little effetc, but not a lot. Range is more to do with hopup, fps will affect how fast it gets there.

I would say why not? You are technially adept enough so go ahead!

Comment

isn't the usual rules 500fps for bolt action and 425fps for semi only AEG's?
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

It varies between sites obviously

Keeper, reason why not is it may be expensive I may need a Systema high torque motor, which is like £50. Then a 300% spring, which is freakin £20. Is it worth it for a little bit more FPS? I don't know

Comment

Do YOU think it's worth it? Will it bring a smile to YOUR face? If so, go ahead and do it

Just remember you need your sniper cert before you use it at our site...
              WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Aye I know But I'll get that.

Comment

I don't know what site you play at, but I highly doubt they are going to allow you to use a aeg at 500 fps, even on semi auto.
                  Id stay at 425 if I was you.
                  500 fps is only going to be decent with a bolt action sniper, gas or spring.

Comment

I thought any aeg (semi and full auto) firing at 500fps was classed as a section five firearm??

Comment

Bolt action is 500fps on our site, if the gun can fire on auto then its classed as a support weapon, 400 fps is the limit then
                      Welsh and proud
                      My Guns TM M14, MK23 SOCOM, AK74 TACTICAL, SPETZ, M700, M249, M15, FN2000, THOMPSON, KART EBR, AK47, UZI, HIGHCAPPA, KAR98, AK47 FOLDING, M4 and others I have forgot

Comment

Aha and semi auto? 500 or 400?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
                        Working...
                        X