G&G vs ICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G vs ICS

Hi guys I'm looking for a starter m4. The G&G cm16 raider and ICS m4a1 are two of the guns I'm looking at because the gun I get has to be two tone. I am unsure of which to purchase, I have heard that ICS is superior due to it's split gear box but it is also the more expensive of the two, but the G&G comes with rails already fitted and a crane stock. Which of these two guns will last me the longest out of the box with no upgrades? Thank you for all your help.

Re: G&G vs ICS

In short, Don't buy Two tone get your defense and buy a RIF. Check the search function to find out more info on starter guns. Good Luck

Comment

not over 18

Comment

Then you shouldn't even be buying a Two-Tone as you need to be 18 to buy and I think you have just awarded yourself an under 18's badge

Comment

Just to say, zero one does any gun in 2 tone for free, in case you didn't notice... However, i am wondering the same thing. Will the ICS gun last me any longer than the G&G cm16 raider, or the gr15? I've heard good things about it... Whats the difference between the cm and the gr anyway?

Comment

G&G is best in my books, got there umg and its a solid as a rock also the cm16 my mate has had for the past 3 months and he has put around 35000 rounds through it and its still going strong

Comment

I have a G&G GR16 and I can't fault it! It out ranges my 'freinds' troy M7 by a hell of a lot and it is worth about £200 pounds more. I love it

Comment

G&G have become so much better over the past 2 years than they first were, Cant fault the stock performance of any of my G&G guns, its im portant if your looking at getting one of the pro line guns that you just leave the GB alone, and their cold weather hops are AMAZING, especially the poly one they put in the scar!

ics are reputable but interanals and external upgrades cause problems due to being propietary in alot of models if im not wrong, G&G all the way duck
                'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Thanks guys. Just need to pick between cqb or the long version. But is it true that all the G&G guns are now shipping with tightbores?

And does anybody know the difference between the cm16 and the gr15?

Comment

Originally posted by spock View Post
                    Thanks guys. Just need to pick between cqb or the long version. But is it true that all the G&G guns are now shipping with tightbores?

And does anybody know the difference between the cm16 and the gr15?
                    cm16 is pretty much all plastic and has no blowback and from what i think the gr15 has some metal and blowback, also my umg and my mates G&G had a tight bore barrel as for the different versions it depends on your main playing environment, the l series is really for woodland but can b used in cqb and the cqb version is built primarily for cqb sites but can be used in woodland.

Comment

G&G's have shipped with 6.035mm Tightbores since early to the best of my knowlegde, id go GR16, modular enough to use for both enviroments. & if its still too long, take the stock off ;P
                      Last edited by Discoshrew; 14 July, 2011, 22:32. Reason: spelling error
                      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Whats the effective range of the gr and the cm? I cant decide between the metal and the barrel length, because i cant find the GR long version...

Comment

id personally say ics haha XD
                          just find the build quality better, and as standard the system lasted me longer without having to take it apart =]

Comment

I've got both an ICS MP5 and a G&G M14.

The build quality of both is excellent, both run happily on 11.1v lipo and they do exactly what they say on the tin.

The ICS split-box design is great for quick problem solving, but if you want to pimp them I'd go for the G&G.
                            sigpic

Comment

I use the G&G CM16 (Shorter Version) and I cant fault it at all, brilliant gun for the price you pay

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chillsie Find out more about chillsie
                              Working...
                              X