New player gun/gear advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player gun/gear advice.

Okay, so I'm pretty new, I've been wanting to start for ages, but I never got round to it. But recently my friend started getting into airsoft, so now I have someone to go with and such. So we're going for a first game in a few days.

I have no gun, and a few pieces of gear (DPMs, boots and gloves)

As I'm only 18 in August and I'm pretty skint. I'm planning on renting until then. Then once I'm 18, get my ukara and get a gun.

Now that's a long way away, which is going to be annoying, but ahh well. In that time I'll be using spare money to get bits and pieces of gear, so I have a 'decent' loadout in time for my gun.

So after my rant here comes the kind of discussion bit.

1) I have DPM trousers, and shirt, some nice walking boots (they're waterproof and pretty good for ankle protection, but I'd like to invest in some more army looking ones soon), and I have a few random things like, gloves, balaclava, etc.
    So if you could recommend any cheap but good gear to go with a kind of DPM British loadout that would be helpful. I'll probably be buying glasses/goggles first, then from there I don't know where to start.

2) When I finally turn 18, what's left of the money I will be spending on my first legal hangover will be going on a ukara and a gun if I can.
    I'm pretty set on the gun, an M4 (always liked them, they're pretty simple, customisable, and cheap).
    I've been looking at ICS, or CA Sportline ones and I've read a few reviews and they seem to be fairly good for the price (I don't want to be spending too much, as I want some money to go on accessories)
    As for batteries, I've heard the M4s with adjustable stocks make getting the battery in quite fiddly (it was with my friends G36, it took quite a while first time, but now he's done it a few times, it takes him a few minutes at most) are they really that annoying? As I'd prefer an adjustable stock.
    Once I get the gun, I'd like a nice scope on there, and a few mags.
    As for the scope, can I fit it onto the ICS or CA guns? Or do I need a rail to mount on?
    Also, if you could recommend me a scope that would be helpful, and if needed a mount.

Obviously don't link to other sites.

Sorry for the massive novel I just wrote you, and being a noob. But if at least one person could read through it and give me even the smallest bit of help I'd be grateful.
    Thanks
    www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Re: New player gun/gear advice.

Well I think CA sportlines are uter poo both ones I have had (p90 and mp5) have broke and made out of very cheap plastic.

ICS sportlines are great .

The G&G sportlines arnt that bad aswell.....
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6084

You could also try looking for second hand high end guns eg KWA,TM,G&P,CA proline and many more.

Both guns can mount scopes so long they have RIS/RAS (a little rail thing ontop of the gun witch alows you to mount stuff on eg m203s , scopes ,red dots ,grips and more)

Comment

Yeah, forgot to mention G&G actually that was another brand I've been looking at.

Probably once I get my ukara, I'll post a thread looking for one. I take it I couldn't buy one second hand without a ukara?

PS my names Scott too. And my initials make S.A.S. And I'm stupidly obsessed with the SAS just thought I'd put that there haha.
      www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Comment

You could BUT please for the love of god dont without a valid defence you would be breaking the law .... Just rent a gun 3 times and then get UKARA then buy an awesome gun ^^.

ps SAME I love sas .

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't planning on it, just wondered if it would be possible.
          It's going to be more than 3 times as I'm only 18 at the end of August sadly.
          www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Comment

Well some sites let you play games early so you can apply for your UKARA as fast as possible.....

Comment

Ive got the 2 tone G&G GR16 being in a simlar situation to yourself. It cost me 180 quid with battery and charger. Its also blowback which isnt realy practical but looks cool and as it is basiacly an m4 any doodad you can find can probably be strapped to it
              Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

it depends what your looking for, if your willing to spend a little bit extra then i would say go for something by tokyo marui. They're very reliable, rarely break and are fairly good in just about every aspect from build quality to performance as well as upgrade capability to realistic markings from the real steel models! but it depends what takes your fancy, you can grab an mp5 for around £180 or be adventurous and spend £370 on an m14 but the extra money is definitely worth it :D

Comment

I'd be looking at less that £200 to be honest.
                  www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Comment

what do you like the look of gun wise? armalite (m4's m'16s etc)? mp5's? g36's? the list goes on but is there anything you have seen which you have just though "wow..."?

Comment

First of all may I say well done for doing the sensible thing and waiting for your defence so you can get a RIF rather than going 2 tone. I'm agreeing with SAS Scott on this one, the CA ones are okay but do break quite easily (I learnt the hard way when I first started) however the ICS sportline models arn't too bad out the box and dont break the bank. As has already been said though andother good option would either be G&G or even pick yourself up a bargin on here? Battery wise if the M4 your looking at has the standard handguards you'll fit a mini type battery in there with no dramas, if it's got a RIS handguard you can either get a crane stock and put a nunchuck batt in there or get a PEQ box and put one in there. Just to finish before I rant too much, most M4s have removable carry handles that you can attach an optic to, a good start would be a G&P aimpoint as it's a plain and simple red dot that's easy to adjust. Sorry for the essay haha, feel free to PM me with any more questions budd. Hope at least some of that helps haha

Comment

I'm pretty interested in the military, so there's a lot of guns I like really.
                        I've seen a few G3s, G36s, M4s, MP5s, and strangely SA80s (maybe just because I'm British) which I really liked.
                        But I think M4 would be my best bet for starting off since they're quite cheap, and I like the look of them (especially with an ACOG).
                        www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Comment

Just to add to what's been said already, I wouldn't advise plonking a ris rail on top of the rail/'carry handle', take it off & mount it on the ris rail underneath. This brings the scope closer to the barrel, making it easier/possible to zero.
                          Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                          Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by connor11090 View Post
                            First of all may I say well done for doing the sensible thing and waiting for your defence so you can get a RIF rather than going 2 tone. I'm agreeing with SAS Scott on this one, the CA ones are okay but do break quite easily (I learnt the hard way when I first started) however the ICS sportline models arn't too bad out the box and dont break the bank. As has already been said though andother good option would either be G&G or even pick yourself up a bargin on here? Battery wise if the M4 your looking at has the standard handguards you'll fit a mini type battery in there with no dramas, if it's got a RIS handguard you can either get a crane stock and put a nunchuck batt in there or get a PEQ box and put one in there. Just to finish before I rant too much, most M4s have removable carry handles that you can attach an optic to, a good start would be a G&P aimpoint as it's a plain and simple red dot that's easy to adjust. Sorry for the essay haha, feel free to PM me with any more questions budd. Hope at least some of that helps haha
                            Thanks. This answered quite a lot.

Right, anyway, I have 5 months anyway before I even get to that stage, so I've got a lot of time to research and ask people.
                            But I think I'll go for the ICS or G&G, not sure which yet. Then pick up a few mags and sight.
                            That's if I don't already find one for sale 2nd hand.
                            www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
                              Just to add to what's been said already, I wouldn't advise plonking a ris rail on top of the rail/'carry handle', take it off & mount it on the ris rail underneath. This brings the scope closer to the barrel, making it easier/possible to zero.
                              This is what I was going to do.
                              I was just wondering if I could take the carry handle off and mount it on the stock rail. That's answered anyway
                              I think it looks pretty silly with a scope on top of the handle anyway.
                              www.mjolnir-gaming.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rage. Find out more about Rage.
                              Working...
                              X