Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting a R.I.F

Hey Guys

If I was to post an AEG of mine, How would I go about doing it without getting into trouble?

I will be posting via Royal Mail First Class Recorded and Signed For.

I am UKARA registered, and the recipient is not - however he is over 18 and is a registered skirmisher.

Do I have to attach any sort of details regarding UKARA? or just post it like anything else, and If suspicion arrises then prove my details?

Any Help is Appreciated!

Thanks.
    Delta since '08

Re: Posting an R.I.F

Should be totally fine.

Comment

Just wrap it up in the box ( if included ) either Black bin bags or Gift paper

Comment

Are you really UKARA registered, i was under the impression your under 18. This thread leads me to believe so http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15989 However i could be wrong. And apologise if i am. However, sending it shouldn't be an issue as far as i'm aware. The RM postal service in the U.K do not know what UKARA is i don't expect. However they don't allow imitation firearms to be sent with them. However saying that iv'e sent plenty with them and not had an issue. So long as it's wrapped up well and isn't a gun like figure. In other words, don't send a pistol in a jiffy bag. Silly stuff like that

Comment

So long as it don't look like a gun, and it not going to fall out - your fine.

Saying that, several numpties have sent me pistols in nothing more than a jiffy bag - nobody seemed to bat an eyelid!

Comment

So just wrap the box in bin bags or something like parcel paper? Thanks for clearing it up guys. So no detail needed unless they ask?
            Delta since '08

Comment

I use co-op bag's for life. And turn them inside out. Bin bag's are thin and break easy, so use alot of tape. You don't want it to break and reveal a picture of a gun on the box

Comment

Re: Posting a R.I.F

Yea hunter I am only 16, but I will be sending the weapon under my dads name. Didn't bother saying that in the first post to save confusion. Good spot though :-)
                Delta since '08

Comment

Lol UKARA? That's only for buying, and only for retailers really.

You don't need any paperwork or defence etc to send it out in the post.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ok thanks again to everyone!! Another problem sorted by zeroin...

Insanity
                    Delta since '08

Comment

As i said i shouldn't think you would have an issue. The only potential issue is if you didn't package it correctly, and your post office thought it was a real gun. You would then likely have to prove how you came to get it being as you can't legally acquire one yourself. Chances of this happening are very, very slim. And will really only happen if you don't send it in a box
                      Last edited by Gaffa; 31 March, 2011, 22:00. Reason: "buy" substituted for "acquire" - even swapping for a RIF is illegal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Insanity Find out more about Insanity
                      Working...
                      X