British guns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British guns...

Hey guys, thinking of doing a L96 load out, but was wondering, are there any SMG's that suit the British sniper look?

Thanks

Re: British guns...

None, You carry a l96 and a l85 if you wanna be that hardcore and realistic about it..

Comment

Yeah, get an Ares AFV if you want something really British.

Comment

Oh okay... I'll probably just use a P90 or MP5...

Comment

lol these threads make me giggle.

Ive never ever seen anyone in the history of this forum actually pull of a proper british sniper loadout, mostly because they dont want to carry their rifle in a drag bag and carry a l85 but prefer to play it like call of duty and that fails.

Comment

Well thats not true. Not all people rely on COD for their load outs. I would use a P90/MP5 as the are practical. Small and fairly light. Sure I could use a L85 but it wouldn't be practical and after all it is only airsoft. Don't quite understand why it "fails" just because people aren't 100% realistic...

Comment

Snipers in the British army would carry their Long and then MIGHT carry their individual weapon too. But most of the time you just see them with the Long and nothing else as that alone is heavy enough.

If anything I would carry a pistol too. No need for an AEG if you do it right, you shouldn't be getting into a situation where you need one.

Comment

Originally posted by RPK for president. View Post
                Well thats not true. Not all people rely on COD for their load outs. I would use a P90/MP5 as the are practical. Small and fairly light. Sure I could use a L85 but it wouldn't be practical and after all it is only airsoft. Don't quite understand why it "fails" just because people aren't 100% realistic...
                No not loadouts the style of play the whole "i can run around with a sniper rifle do 360 jump and hit someone"

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                Snipers in the British army would carry their Long and then MIGHT carry their individual weapon too. But most of the time you just see them with the Long and nothing else as that alone is heavy enough.

If anything I would carry a pistol too. No need for an AEG if you do it right, you shouldn't be getting into a situation where you need one.

We all know out in afhappystan etc they mostly wont carry their individual weapon but i know in training your carrying both and that in terms of accuracy would be most accurate since we dont play in a desert.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post

Yeah, I understand that in real life they normally only carry a L96. After playing at a new site today there were many occasions where the long range were effective but suddenly they were very close and you need another weapon due to the 25m engagement rule. Also please don't think I get information from COD because I don't.

Comment

i have seen a vid of a british sniper team in afgan and they had a shotgun....

Comment

Get a Marui SIG P226. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                        No not loadouts the style of play the whole "i can run around with a sniper rifle do 360 jump and hit someone"
                        Ahh I get you. Got the wrong end of the stick sorry. I know what you mean and as I have never sniped before I will take a while before I get any hits. But please don't think I will be trying to do a 360 No-scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Modizlw View Post
                          i have seen a vid of a british sniper team in afgan and they had a shotgun....
                          yeah i saw that..i didnt even bother to comment made no sense to me but im not a sniper.

RPK it just happens a lot instead of actually being a sniper not saying youll do it.

If you want to do a british sniper loadout you have a choice to make, british woodland "in training" loadout which consists of a l96 and l85 drag bag etc, or afghan where you can get away with a pistol n rifle.

Comment

In that case get a pistol out or change location. TBH Airsoft tends to move and such a pace that playing sniper quite often is a very hard job.

If you want a realistic British sniper loadout (like you said in the OP) you need to either ditch a back up apart form a sidearm or an L85. If you just want to do whatever, do whatever.

Comment

Okay cheers guys, I'll probably end up not doing it as you say but it can be a project :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPK for president. Love to airsoft whenever possible ,but Saturday school is a bitch! Find out more about RPK for president.
                              Working...
                              X