GBB Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB Maintenance

I just got my first GBB pistol a WE 1911 of BigTonyLove (great trader), and i was wondering what i should be doing to maintain the performance of the gun and magazines thanks.

Re: GBB Maintenance

i know its a glock but follow the same principles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cMA3rCECRE

Comment

Do not use WD40!!

Don't use oil based lubricant's, they'll eat at the rubber seals.

Use silicone lubricant, it's probably best to get a spray can.

Firstly, take the slide off, and clean the rails with tissue paper. Make sure it's bone dry. Then, spray the rails, and recoil spring and spring guide.

Also, spray the black piston, the thing that moves backwards and forwards, making sure you get the insides too. Also, give the hammer a good spray, and the magazine hammer in the mag well.

It's also a good idea to maintain your mags too, spray the release valve, then push it, at the same time, spray into the gas ejection port for a second or two.

Basically, make sure your gun's clean and well lubed. Especially moving parts and valves :D

Comment

thanks for the quick response guys and what should I spray the mags with and should I leave gas in them or not?

Comment

reminds me, i havea glock 26 to clean.

a tooth brush is great for cleaning guns too, mud on a detailed pistol grip, get the tooth brush out.

Boris
          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

i use a toothbrush with some surgical spirit to clean the parts, then lube it with silicone spray i got from halfds and you should leave a tiny amount of gas in the mag, also there is a black rubber outlet hole at the top of the mag where the gas comes out,its a good idea to smear some silicone grease to stop it drying out
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i got told bout the rubber bit too mate.

with a full metal pistol like the KJworks P226 it was essential it was kept lubed.
              they do perform better when they have been properly lubed and cleaned.

Comment

Yep, already said - leave some gas in the mag!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If you want to save a few quid nip down your local "adult toy shop" and buy a big tube of naughty lube. Works a treat and it's great fun asking the assistant for stuff to slik up your weapon!
                  (It is water soluble though, so no good for Navy Seals, Marines etc...)
                  Don't tell the wife...

Comment

You can get it from supermarkets too

As Adult Shops like UKARA you have to be 18 to enter

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tovell2121 Find out more about tovell2121
                    Working...
                    X