Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Fitting different furniture. How do you know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting different furniture. How do you know...

Alright guys, got another question that I've been pondering over for a while. I'm always quite hesitant to ask too many questions for fear of being ridiculed but eventually I give in remembering that many of you are the most friendly and helpful guys on t'web.

As for the question, I want to know about fitting furniture to your guns. Stocks, RIS, front ends, inner barrels, receivers and all other fittings that vary from weapon to weapon. How on earth do you know what's going to fit?

It was my CA M15A4 Tac Carbine that put me in this frame of mind as I was getting quite jealous of everyone who has the ability to attach various accessories to their RIS systems. PEQ boxes and lasers etc... At present my gun has a stock handguard. If I want to replace that with a RIS system, will there be one out there that will fit? Are there certain sizes, of which one will fit your gun or do many things like that have to be drilled and filed to fit?

It may seem silly but is it a case of measuring things to get them right when you're ordering? I see lots of people selling barrels due to them being the wrong size. Surely if you measure your own inner barrel and then order one to the same size, it'll fit?

Just curious to know about how you find out what fits your gun. It may be a case of asking round for people who have had experience, just want to know.

All help appreciated, I'll eventually learn

Blueeee

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Re: Fitting different furniture. How do you know...

For me it was trial and error. For different M4 foregrips I've had to mess about with different handguard caps and barrel nuts but they aren't too expensive and collecting them just means I can have a variety of foregrips to suit my mood.

Some RIS front ends are free floating, which means they only attach at the receiver end and don't need handguard caps or even a front sight/gas block.

Generally the M4/M16 series have two lengths of foregrip. The long M16 type and the shorter M4 type. When buying items it's pretty obvious which is which. There are exceptions of course, but the parts should be labelled as M4 which should go on your gun fine.

I have all sorts of barrels and foregrips for my M4's. I love being able to change them around I'm not sure if this post actually had a point. It seems a bit rambly... so if you need anything specific feel free to PM me

Comment

Not rambling mate, that makes sense to me! basically it's a try it and see market I'm guessing, which is pretty cool IMO due to people having very individual weapons. M16 and M4 lengths are pretty easy to distinguish so I should be alright there! Think I'll steer clear of free floating RIS systems for now, at least until I'm a bit more confident :D

Comment

You can make educated guesses, but if you're after a non free-float foregrip you have to make sure your gun has the right attachments. If your CA gun is anything like the Sportline series you should be okay. I've had trouble with ICS and older CA guns and various cheaper M4's having different style foregrip attachments. Free float is probably the easiest to shop for since you just screw it on and it works. If in doubt they're usually sold in measured lengths so you know what you're getting.

Comment

for me its mainly trial and error,thats why i have so much stuff that i dont need lying around
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Cheers guys, guessing a Dremel comes in handy!!!

Thanks for your help :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bluegill A born reject Find out more about Bluegill
            Working...
            X