First gun Purchase - £250 budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First gun Purchase - £250 budget

I'm with Gaffa there. I've never heard a bad thing about the KWA M4s.

Equally, SRC have a great rep. As a bonus you can get the Taiwanese army T91 which is a little bit M4, a little bit M16 and a little bit something completely different.

Finally, if you are patient you'll find a decent full metal ICS on the forum for that budget. ICS M4s aren't quite as pimp-able as most other makes, but they are great starter guns. I've had an ICS MP5 for nearly 3 years and it's never been stripped, never been serviced and never let me down.
    sigpic

Comment

I have a pretty much brand new ICS mp5 going for sale, with all the trimmings needed for less than that

Only reason im selling it is because i jut spent £400+ on a recoil TM G36k lol

Fantastic guns, and if i didnt need to sell it, i wouldnt as its that good a gun.

But even the sportlines are good (plastic) and will last you ages before you need to get a new one, and cheep too

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Re: First gun Purchase

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
        Proof? Only a Gen 3 SRC M4 is better, well, "Miles beyond" (and it's not even that!) - and trust me, I've worked on lots of M4's.

If you can put up with the markings, the KWA M4 is the best.

Use google to do some reviews and you'll see why. Personally, knowing KWA were around, if I wanted an M4 I'd bypass G&P completely.
        gotta say, I love my KWA!
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Get an ICS M4, you would be hard pressed to beat one around that price.

Comment

Think you could get a second hand G&P or G&G M4 for that mate, i would go for the G&P(would even add a little bit of cash)You won't regret it, if you get something cheaper, you will only end up putting more cash into it for improvements.
            I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by crzyhorse88 View Post
              Think you could get a second hand G&P or G&G M4 for that mate, i would go for the G&P(would even add a little bit of cash)You won't regret it, if you get something cheaper, you will only end up putting more cash into it for improvements.
              you mean like improving the g&p hop that everyone says is poor!?
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                Proof? Only a Gen 3 SRC M4 is better, well, "Miles beyond" (and it's not even that!) - and trust me, I've worked on lots of M4's.

If you can put up with the markings, the KWA M4 is the best.

Use google to do some reviews and you'll see why. Personally, knowing KWA were around, if I wanted an M4 I'd bypass G&P completely.
                Damn you Gaffa, I am in the market for an M4 and was about to buy a G&P M4.

Are KWA that much better? Looking at performance wise.
                Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbs View Post
                  Damn you Gaffa, I am in the market for an M4 and was about to buy a G&P M4.

Are KWA that much better? Looking at performance wise.
                  if range and accuracy is important to you then yes. The kwa hop is excellent. I was going to buy an aftermarket one but the kwa one is superb. It doesn't lose its adjustment throughout the day and uses a firefly clone style rubber. Mine is running 300 fps for cqb purposes and I don't feel particularly outranged when using it in woodland.

plus the internals are the brilliant as well. Richardy confirmed how good they were for me. Better than the g&p gearboxes.

the only problem with kwa is that they don't have a massive variety of m4 variants yet, where as that is where g&p excels!

Comment

If you can find a cheap secondhand one, you may get a VFC M4! VFC wipe the floor with pretty much every other brand! The only Brands i might consider equal are systema and Inokatsu, but they are extremely overpriced generally.
                    Best to buy new though unless you know what your doing or have a friend who does tbh...
                    Best guns you can get new for around that price are the previously mentioned ICS Mp5's or M4's or CYMA AK's leaving you enough cash for extra gear and mags. These are the toughest guns i know of which is why i always reccomend them as a first gun, cos you dont want a gun malfuntion with your only gun! Also because of their reputation they will sell quite easily second hand if you need to sell it. best to keep it around incase your new fancy expensive gun breaks though!

other makes that have been mentioned - TM, good but often pricey and require a power upgrade to stop others having an advantage over you on long range sites.
                    G+G - again good but often pricey.
                    KWA - weve had one new KWA M4 and it has worked great for months but now needs repairing.
                    G+P - not had experience with one but from reading some comments here, suggests they are not as good as KWA but are a fair bit more expensive.
                    SRC - Again not had a proper one, had one but the shop the guy had bought it from swapped out the internals for cheap chinese gear and it broke in a couple of hours, that shop just stole from him basically. Anyway, the latest generation = generation 3 are supposed to be rather good so if you see one for a good price it may well be worth it.
                    JG - Can be as solid as CYMA depends on model, research reviews on whatever gun you think you want.

hope this helps mate.

Comment

This would be good and as said above it already has power upgrade
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing you're wanting an M4 by the posts above?

If so, then i cannot recommend enough a G&P M4. If you're lucky to find one for £250 then by all means snap it up, they're probably the leading brand in £250-£400 AEGs in my view and probably almost anyone else's opinion as well.

I'd advise to choose a G&P over a VFC, just general build quality is utterly fantastic.

BUT, having said that, G&G M4s and CA (Proline) M4s are really really good quality as well. I can't speak for SRC Gen3,ICS Proline, KWA Gen2/3s or TM, but G&P, G&G and CA are fantastic for M4s.

Comment

@Jsmithy - you ever used a VFC? I got a VFC Scar H and its just stunning! Made from CNC Machined aluminium alloy so its very light and strong with no seams.
                          They boast at how they can run the gun on a 12V car battery no problem! It fires over 20 rounds per second on any battery, 25rps on a 11.1V Lipo.
                          Mine only fires at 270/280 fps and still outranges most guns firing over 300!
                          just had a new member buy the VFC Baby M4 and its of the same quality!
                          VFC's motto is "In a world of compromise, dont!"
                          they dont...

as i said havent had a go of a G+P but It has its work but out for it if its going to try and best the VFC, especially if what these guys say about their hop ups are true?
                          We have another member planning on a G+P M4 so i shall look forward to seeing it to compare!

Comment

I've used a VFC Scar and i agree, they're utterly stunning, but i've always thought of G&P as THE brand for M4s (bar the TM Recoil and Systemas)

Comment

dont buy a second hand btw...you can get a new ics sport line for that money and other top quality guns...

second hand guns will always give you problems

Comment

Always? You're buying the wrong ones then.
                                Any of the better MP5's are hard to beat and will run forever with huge spares and nodding potential.
                                There's a rare A2 with slimline grip, mags and batts in the classifieds.
                                sigpic
                                Signature removed due to one bearded mans love for another.....

(and Ponies)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jamster4 just play airsoft for fun and competition Xbox 360 FTW Find out more about Jamster4
                                Working...
                                X