G&P M4 moding??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M4 moding??

sorry, im a novice to this sort of thing, but im looking at a G&P m733 and wondered if you can change the front hand guard with any company ras or does it have to be g&p? same for every other accessory you can change on them???
    sigpic

Re: G&P M4 moding??

G&P are very moddable however I wouldn't see why you wouldn't want to use a G&P ras they're the best but if you do feel compelled to use another company say KingArms or CA you could.

Comment

I'm fairly sure it's standard most standard AEG m4s have cross compatible furniture the exceptions I am aware of are:

Systema m4s (take real steel parts)
      Tm proline m4s (stock tube and body, I think foregrip is ok)
      Ics m4s (the newer splitting gearbox types)

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken
      ADs

Comment

The problem you will have with it is the m733 handguards are a little longer than m4's and all ris's are made for m4's ( had this problem couple of years ago on a g&p m733 barrel )
        you could look at a g&p free float ras of the jungle types, see many come up on here for £30ish mark
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
          The problem you will have with it is the m733 handguards are a little longer than m4's and all ris's are made for m4's ( had this problem couple of years ago on a g&p m733 barrel )
          you could look at a g&p free float ras of the jungle types, see many come up on here for £30ish mark

This RAS is designed specifaclly for m733's.

Comment

maybe a free float ras might be better, there would be a small gap between the front and the front sight

Comment

Good find oliver but thats a front set not a rail on its own, sure you prob can get the rail on its own but i cant remember seing one

Comment

i only ask as i wouldnt mind doing this to it http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...DE%20Small.jpg

also what would a free floating ras look like? and whys it called free floating
                sigpic

Comment

scrap that, THIS ---- http://www.pbase.com/racingmaniac/im...4/original.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

then you dont want the m733 :P unless you just want that ras on it ?, free float is a rail set that only connects to the barrel nut not the barrel its self

edit for second gun , 100% you dont want the m733 , look at the rail on the top the m733 has a fixed carry handle

Comment

could i change the parts on it to make it a G&P CASV?
                      sigpic

Comment

you would have to change the upper to a flat top but the casv would go with no problems

Comment

so this http://www.************.co.uk/produc...=3870&size=lge
                          plus the front is that whats called a casv?
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
                          Working...
                          X