another vest related quickie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another vest related quickie

would do people put on the back of their vests...
    i have a current plate carrier, that is too front-heavy...
    what would/could/should i put on the back to even it out...?
    if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Re: another vest related quickie

A hydration pack would even it out a bit. A 2L hydration pouch weighs 2kg when full, which should even the weight out a little bit more for you. You could also/alternatively put a battlepack or MOLLE backpack on, or a number of utility pouches.

The great thing about MOLLE is that you can move your pouches to find positions that suit your needs.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

If you work with a group, then get some mag pouches on the back, so in a stack up or a situation of low ammo your team mate can grab one from you and not cross your line of sight. Also I second hydration pouch.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've always got a hydration system on the middle of my back, if for some reason I don't I will have a large utility pouch.

I have learned my lesson in regards to putting my radio on my back, its all good till you need to change channel or put your comm's mic back in.

But as Machaon has said too, its up to whatever you think is correct =)

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Hydration pouch and a couple of mag pouches will help balance it.

I second the comment about the radio! It looks good and is great if you're on the same channel all day, but I have to take the whole rig off to adjust the channel since my mate has a different radio so can't do it for me as a buddy system - he mucks it up

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

challdog Find out more about challdog
          Working...
          X