2 Gun Hits and Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Gun Hits and Out?

This had me wondering today. Given this scenario…

1 player on his own, game of capture the flag, or similar get the …. to the ….

Primary gets hit, counts as a gun hit, goes to pistol. Another gun hit, no more weapons.

Now usually that player is then out of the game, but I was wondering why we do this? I would have thought it would be more realistic (and lead to some crazier gameplay) if you werent actually out until you were physically hit.

So in the scenario described above, that player could still go on to win the game, even though he was completely unarmed.

Re: 2 Gun Hits and Out?

This has happened to me mate and I literally sat in there defensive postition making noises and pretending to talk to other people tactically to fool the enemy. When the game ended the 4 lads ready to storm me said they dare not run in because they assumed there was like 4 of us in there. I spoke to a marshall afterwards and he said it was perfectly legal, so I don't think you should leave as if another team mate runs to you, you can take a secondary of him.

Comment

tried this at my last skirmish, except my M4 had locked up and my pistol was out of ammo...

Marshal cried "ONE MINUTE LEFT!" and I dumped everything and ran toward my target (I had to assassinate a dummy) so thought I'd give it a go taking him down with my bare hands.

another two guys joined me, and we actually managed to get further than we'd expected....unarmed, than we did armed. So if the whole team did it... hehe...

However my site run, gun hit... you're out. Even if you have a secondary.
      sigpic

Comment

My local site runs the rules if the gun you are using gets hit then it's a gun hit and go to pistol same if it then happens to pistol out of use and either have to borrow a gun off someone carrying two or just run about lobbing pyro/pine cones/harsh language!

I like this as it does give for some interesting play and always have the option of just running to spawn to "repair" your gun(s) it also stops folk who use/claim their gun is a shield absorbing hits!
        Originally posted by Fenriz
        I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

if all my guns are hit i just run with my rubber knife or soon to be nerf axe :D
          Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Am I the only one doing this then!?

Comment

Yep Ben it seems you are, sounds like you should drop my buddy Jjay a PM and buy a Nerf Tomahawk :P Although on the topic of gunless my younger brother who i took airsofting with me managed to bounce a tomahawk of two walls in the base we we're hiding in and kil someone with it i think he racked up 12 kills with just a foam axe with about 15 meters range hehe He carried no weapons apart from the axe all day :P
              Originally Posted by balaclava ben
              i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
              sigpic

Comment

See, this is where a blow pipe is useful, for that authentic Amazonian airsoft experience.

If both primary and secondary weapons were hit, I think it's fair to keep playing until you take a body hit. However, I don't think one should make stealth/bang kills without a weapon (and the two hit weapons don't count).
                Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

I can't see why you need to be out if you take a gun hit, In real life if your gun was destroyed you wouldn't die! I think switching to a knife would be acceptable, if you want to Run around with just an Axe like Conan the Barbarian you might be in the wrong sport though, why not just go to a LARP?
                  (Although bouncing it off the wall does sound awesome!)

Comment

Where we play if the gun is across your body and stops the BB from hitting you - that is a hit and you should take it.

If your gun is poking round a corner, no where near your body, and gets hit then you shout 'Gun Hit' and take your mag out and put it back in again (as though you had a jam). This gives your opponant a split second to get into a better position or advance slightly. Some people say it isn't realistic but neither is being hosed down by a rental firing 500 rounds from a hi-cap!!
                    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Must be lucky all the places I've played don't have a gun hit rule as such
                      Only 1 that dos kinda is RAF newton and that's only to call it to tell your opponent that it wasent your mask he hit

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

I can understand gun hit rules in MilSim but in a normal game-day if you are being pinned down by a couple of rentals determined to empty the bag of 5,000 BB's at you then you must be able to at least poke your gun out to try and fire back.
                        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Where I usually play if your primary weapon is hit you shout "gun hit" to let your assailant know they hit your weapon and not you, but can keep on using that weapon even if it takes 100 hits. Slung weapons and holstered pistols on the otherhand when hit are counted as you being hit.
                          AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Working...
                          X