Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i thinking too much?

Am i thinking too much???
    I need a new vest, but i can't choose one...
    i need molle on front and back.
    But then i stress about not having sides,
    so i look at a complete vest...
    and then stress about mobility!?
    Am i just thinking too deeply...?
    What do i ACTUALLY need for a all round loadout?

Cheers
    Iain
    if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Re: am i thinking too much?

Depends. How much gear do you want to be able to carry? Just mags, then a light weight chest rig with no rear will suit you.

Me personally, I have a full 5.56 loadout from Warrior. I carry 5-10 M4 or AK mags, 2 pistol mags, 2 bfgs, spare blanks, grenade rings, 2ltrs of fluid, and a speedloader on mine!

Comment

why should sides of the molle vest effect you? just dont put anything on them, they dont get in the way at all

i wear a tan warrior, or MC blackwater molle vest to every game and never have an issue with manoeuvrability

just fit what you need for each game, a few mag pouches, i normally put a hydration bladder on the back, a few pistol pouches, and thats it

If you want molle AND mobility

then a molle belt kit will be best, can always run with a harness too if you want to keep the wait off the belt and keep it nice and sturdy
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Flyye WSH Chest rig by the sounds of your specification of your wants

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          Depends. How much gear do you want to be able to carry? Just mags, then a light weight chest rig with no rear will suit you.

Me personally, I have a full 5.56 loadout from Warrior. I carry 5-10 M4 or AK mags, 2 pistol mags, 2 bfgs, spare blanks, grenade rings, 2ltrs of fluid, and a speedloader on mine!

that is the exact same loadout as my RICAS! only i've got ball grenades in pouches instead of BFGs

i love it so much, i wore it on sunday during the extreme heat
          Originally posted by Fenriz
          Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Originally posted by challdog View Post
            What do i ACTUALLY need?
            .... To make your bloody mind up! Haha!

How much bending at the chest area do you do, that would be restricted by a vest? You should bend at the knees anyway, not the back.

Be aware that having pouches on your sides may restrict your arm movement a little, but most people I've seen wearing vests seem to cope alright with it.

A RICAS style vest will probably give you the greatest MOLLE space. I'm guessing they're comfortable enough as so many people have and recommend them. But they're not lightweight, and they're not cheap either.

What you choose may be governed, at least to some degree, by what your needs are. Things to think about:

-The type of games that you most regularly play. General skirmishing is vastly different to milsim. Does your site play long games or short games? Do you need realism, function, or fashion?
            -Primary Magazines. You'll obviously need more pouches if you play with midcaps, than you would if you play with hicaps.
            -Secondary weapons. If you have them, will you want to carry them on your vest. If so, you'll also need pouches for spare magazines for these too.
            -Do you need to carry batteries, torches, pyro, snacks, water bottles, comms equipment, spare BBs, tools, batteries, tactical attachments?
            -Do you need to carry your phone, wallet, keys, kitchen sink?
            -Budget. What can you realistically afford? Does that include all the pouches you're likely to need?

Have a good think about those things, then go shop around, get an estimate of how much the total is likely to come to.
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Stuff on the back? What, a hydration pack? Use a camelback. Radio? Put it on the front. You dont need a back. I used a warrior low profile rig, no back on it, 2 utility pouches on the sides (which dont get in the way of my arms, 8 CQB mag pouches, 2 pistol mags, smoke grenade pouch for BFG, map holder on front, and a drop leg holster (non slip one), with an extra 2 mag pouches for m4 style speed loaders.

Comment

I've been looking at a begadi,
                Just a simple front-back molle carrier...
                I need a hydro on the back, and mags+ pistol on the front.
                As for now, thats all im carrying.
                What you reckon...?

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                  Stuff on the back? What, a hydration pack? Use a camelback. Radio? Put it on the front. You dont need a back.

whats wrong with having stuff on the back, personally prefer it, my water is out of the way, my radio is locked into one station and is bulky, so its on the back with PTT button at the front, also keep spare grenades and m4 pouch for an m4 speed loader

just my preferance for non essential gear, prefer face up front for mags, pistols mags, grenades etc and back for stuff i rarely need to touch
                  |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Yeah but camelbacks come with straps, so you can do away with molle on the back. And radio is all well and good on the back but PTT has flaws. Also, if you need to change radio channel can be fiddly. I keep mine on my chest so i can change volume when goign sneaky and change freq if needed. Suppose its just personal preference, but i like to be able to get to stuff quickly, otherwise i leave it in the car park.

Comment

had a sudden burst of thought:
                      begadi be-x lightweigh carrier, mags + pistol + radio on front
                      hydro on back

followed by glock 17 on leg, with spare mp5 mid caps on leg...
                      resulting in and all rounder loadout, (whilst wearing vest)
                      but then if the time comes, ditch the vest...
                      go silent :D

Comment

Although you seem to have already made your mind up, I would second the belt rig idea, easily the best choice if you are looking to be as light and as flexible as possible (although personally I like vests/Plate carriers). You mentioned about having 2 leg rigs, from my experience I have found them more restricting having both legs carrying things, I now only use the one for my Pistol. Another thing to remember is hydration systems can become heavy, so if you are looking for being as light as possible may be a good idea to just drink up in the safe zone beforehand

Comment

Just to throw it in the mix of things to think about. Osprey vest Molle all round fully adjustable and very available in Dessert at the moment. Loads of pouch options plus Camelbak is ready to clip straight on as the vest is designed to have them fitted.

The truely fit everyone. I am 6ft4 and fat and mine fits perfectly and I have seen a 5Ft nout racing snale in one as well.
                          Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                          Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                          Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

challdog Find out more about challdog
                          Working...
                          X