Sniper Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Recommendations?

Im thinking about buying a sniper as i want to try my hand at it and since im not 100% sure i want to be a sniper, i dont want to spend alot. I have a few in mind, Cyma m14, ASG Covert ops sniper (basically a JG VSR10 G-spec), and the HFC VSR 11. Are these decent? Ive tested the ASG one and i seems pretty good, both the VSR's are TM compatible but im wondering if i need the increased firepower of teh CYMA m14 which from what i have seen is very good. Can anyone give any reccommendations or guidance toward this subject.
    NOTE: My budget is around £160 and i dont want an L96 or anything made by Well.
    Thanks

Re: Sniper Reccommendations?

You can't experience being a sniper without spending £300+ I have heard good things about the vsr 11 and the cyma m14 is a good gun, but I would get vsr 11 if I was you.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

£160 isn't much of a budget for a sniper most people spend like £400-£600 on them, upgrades are very expensive but are essential if you want any advantage from sniping...

Comment

by the way the VSR 11, is only TM compatable in some part, I think the trigger or hopup is none compatable.
        sigpic
        View iTrader Rating Here
        Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

if your not sure try and find someone who will lend you a sniper/dmr for the day and pay them for the use or someone who will rent you 1.

this is what every new airsofter wants to be.
          trust me and the countless others when we say try before you buy.
          Originally posted by DCRISP07
          An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

i fully agree its not for everyone but everyone should try

Comment

I thought the VSR 11 cylinder was also not VRS10 sized

Comment

Can't go wrong with a second hand TM VSR G-spec. Fill the stock with cotton wool, maybe get a tight bore and a scope. Try that. See if you like it. With the cotton wool you will go unnoticed. Make sure you have some good camo too. But I do agree that you don't have a good budget for a sniper rile/dmr set up. They can cost a lot!
                Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
                The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                  You can't experience being a sniper without spending £300+ I have heard good things about the vsr 11 and the cyma m14 is a good gun, but I would get vsr 11 if I was you.
                  I would disagree. You could get a new Bar 10 for roughly £100 from HK, £25 less if doesn't get hit by customs. 150 spring, a couple of mods and your near on 480 - 500 fps. Scope that does the job £20.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
                    I would disagree. You could get a new Bar 10 for roughly £100 from HK, £25 less if doesn't get hit by customs. 150 spring, a couple of mods and your near on 480 - 500 fps. Scope that does the job £20.
                    Just wacking in a high fps spring won't really cut it, you need hundreds of pounds of other mods so it can handle the spring and so the gun preforms to its best without these mods the sniper will have little advantage and you may aswell stick to an aeg...

Comment

My personal recommendation is a good bolt action rifle like a TM L96 or VSR. If you want something cool and different, try a TM PSG-1. I love mine, even though I don't airsoft anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak View Post
                        My personal recommendation is a good bolt action rifle like a TM L96 or VSR. If you want something cool and different, try a TM PSG-1. I love mine, even though I don't airsoft anymore.
                        And tease us with your Gold Desert Eagle :P

My idea: Buy an A&K SVD from HK. Cheap as chips. Buy Tightbore Barrel. Add cheap scope and Ak RIS scope mount, and you are sorted. If it works...
                        Oh, 0.30s and some strong biceps...

Comment

i realise that you cant really benefit from it without spending alot of money, but i just want to get the feel of it, im not gonna spend 200+ if i dont know if i actually want to be a sniper.

Comment

To be honest... Speaking from experience

It depends what sniper you want to be and this *can* effect your gun choice.

If you still like to run about harass get a bar 10 or vsr

If your more then .. Sit down they will come to me - L96

Go spring - do not try gas just yet,

Consider if you will getting an SR25 style gun effectively a DMR, make sure it's 350fps,

That way you can "snipe" but if you get bored there's nothing stopping you going fully auto .

If it appeals to you then go for a dedicated gun.
                            sigpic

Comment

I Think wolf has covered it.

Looking at your budget, I would maybe steer clear of bolties unless you have moneys to drop on upgrade parts to get shooting good. But thats just my personal preference.

With that sort of budget I would try and get some form of M14 or even a second hand CA M15 or a M4 styled gun, whack a SPR front end on or something similar. Add a solid stock to house a big battery. The see how you like handling long rifles. If you like it you can then save a more money to buy a tight bore, new hop unit/rubber/nub and if you have more maybe a few gearbox parts. I would also defiantly again agree with wolf with the fps try stick to a 350fps if you go for a dmr styled gun.
                              Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
                              The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X