Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.2g or 0.25g

Morning all,

Yes have tried to search but not found anything.

So from what I see there are two types of BB in general use - 0.2g standard and 0.25g.

So what's better?

How much difference does it make?

Can any gun fire either or do you need barrel/internal upgrades?

Do sites care about which you use?

I have gleaned some of the basics on the above but thought i'd rather ask the basic questions to get simple answers!

(p.s - JG M4 CQB turned up today. £70 for this, battery, charger, ACOG, Metal Gears, Foregrip and 1000 BBs. Quite happy with it for a starter gun! :D)

Re: 0.2g or 0.25g

They make a fair bit, accuracy and range wise, sites don't mind what weight you use, but it is always nice to check with them.

Comment

You don't really need any upgrades to ensure that they work, but, for instance, my TM SG552 that's only doing 270 FPS (Stock) shoots out .25s a little slow, so I still stick to .23s and .20s. For what you're setup is, .25s should work fine.

Comment

Although, remember that when you chrono most sites expect you to use 0.2 for the chrono and will be rather annoyed if you use 0.25 as they may see it as an attempt to cheat the chrono.

Considering the gun you've got is a JG, if it's not been downgraded, it may be running hot and .25's may not show that at chrono!

Comment

I swear by 0.25's the shoot a little slower but I think the accuracy is slightly better and wind takes slightly less effects on them during flight. You don't need any upgrades to use either of them!
          Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
          The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

I used to use .25s until I got fed of paying a lot more just so my shots went an extra 5 metres.

Now I use .2s, but get closer to everyone Im shooting at. That way, I dont rack up and expensive bill for ammo, and I still get my kills, and get into some rather intensive firefights.

Ive become very bored of trying to kill people by standing on the edge of their range, and winning because I paid more. Its fairly naff! By .2s and get stuck in!

Comment

on my aps sv, i use .25 becasue im limited to 360fps

iv found the .2 go all over the place, at 360fps, on .25 it goes to about 345-350fps, but the shots are straighter and seem to go further, maybe becasue the hop is set for .25's

the best advice would be try both, theres not that much money, just remember to fiddle with the hop to find the correct setting for the correct weight ammo

its not about fps, its all about the hop

Comment

.25 for my rifle all the way.

Comment

I use .25s in everything I've got, even used them in a stock TM MP5K and it was wicked, the range was just plain silly for such a small gun. As for the chrono, as has been said you normally chrono it is done with .20s so if like me you bomb up the day before don't forget to have a magazine with or ready for .20s, if it makes it easier pick up a cheap lo cap magazine for chronoing with, easy to load quickly.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I use .25s in my man16 which chronoed at a surprising 260-270..was expecting a lot more than that from a G&G gun to be honest. but oh well.

has nice range though still.

Comment

Recent 0.25 convert. They do make a difference outdoors. CQB stick with 0.20.

For crono and only with sites approval 0.25 = Max 313fps for a 350fps limit on 0.20.

Comment

Use .25s in all my guns except ptw and sopmod

They run on .28s due to the range

But .25s are great for woodland and cqb games and are really accurate I'd the set up is right

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyMan View Post
                          Recent 0.25 convert. They do make a difference outdoors. CQB stick with 0.20.

For crono and only with sites approval 0.25 = Max 313fps for a 350fps limit on 0.20.
                          That varys from gun to gun I think, I know my LR300 has a 20fps drop using .25s, so 330 on .20s and around 310 on .25s, whereas my mates gun looses about 4fps using .25s.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Can a mag be mixed .2/.25?

Reason I ask is I have a large bag of .25, and a few loose handfuls of .2. If I just chucked them the bag as they are, it shouldn't be an issue, should it?
                            'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

shouldnt matter no, but if you have a pistol, stick them in that instead. FFor the ranges that a pistol is useful 99% of the time, you wont want the added range and expense of .25s

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CBarker Find out more about CBarker
                              Working...
                              X