Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightbore Help

Hi Guys,
    If i put a shoter TB inner into a longer outer barrel will this cause me problems?
    thanks
    Daniel

Re: Tightbore Help

Depends how much shorter it is mate couple of centermeters wont hurt but if its loads shorter the bbs might bounce arround in the outer barrel and break .

Comment

Yeah sorry should of said, Its a 247mm tb and the outer is a 368mm one.
      so its best i just stick with the normal barrel atm and buy a 363mm tb?
      cheers

Comment

well tbh yes but its always worht a try I guess .

Comment

Alright dude cheers
          last question will it affect the FPS at all? (i know its not all about the FPS)

Comment

It shouldn't if everything is set up properly since the bb's shouldn't be veering that much as they exit the barrel, but if there's a problem with the setup, barrel or something isn't alligned correctly, you'll be collecting alot of bb residue in there :P

I'm using the stock 248mm barrel in my scar which has a 363mm outer + a TM P90 silencer without any issue .. but with my old 363mm madbull tightbore in there occasionally shots would go wild even without the silencer (the tightbore seems to be a lemon though)
            AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Well I know if you go longer and dont have the correct bore in the cylinder it will lower the fps but I dont know about shorter.

Comment

Depending on the airseal etc. ,expect to gain anything from 10-30 FPS

Comment

Alright guys thanks for the hand, ill try it tonight and see what happens!

Comment

Any gains in accuracy for the tighter barrel will be lost by the barrel floating around unsupported at one end!

Comment

surely it will cause suck back if the cylinder isnt ported to suit? means your fps will drop by about 50 on full auto

Originally posted by Metalbody
                      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                        surely it will cause suck back if the cylinder isnt ported to suit? means your fps will drop by about 50 on full auto
                        Not if it's shorter
                        Others till I die

Comment

I've found that in my MP5 SD2, if I'm moving the barrel as I fire I very often have BBs hitting the inside of the silencer. It took ages before someone explained it to me, then it became really obvious why.

The BB will go in a straight line from the end of the inner barrel. If you move the barrel as you fire the end of the outer barrel may not be lined up by the time the BB gets there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah Itried it all last night, i will just stick with having a standard barrel in there until i can get hold of a madbull black python one. Or would a Systema one be better?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Whiffin1 Find out more about Whiffin1
                            Working...
                            X