Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing conversion kits.

hi
    could not find much info on this so thought i would ask here.

Is ukara needed to import conversion kits like the lct ak kits.
    I dont have ukara yet but do have stamps on my loyalty card to prove i skirmish.
    Would the kits be classed as parts or whole guns as they come with pretty much all external parts.
    Any help much appreciated.

Jay.
    Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six...

Re: importing conversion kits.

Technically no, seeing as it's not a complete RIF, only parts
    However, we all know how customs are, so it wouldn't hurt to provide your defence details just to speed things along

Comment

I wouldn't risk it. They held back my barrel because they thought it was part of a package which had a full RIF in... I wouldn't do it if you don't have UKARA.
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

If your importing, I dont get what does ukara have to do with it? Is it not used for buying from within the uk? and is not the only defence for airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
          If your importing, I dont get what does ukara have to do with it? Is it not used for buying from within the uk? and is not the only defence for airsoft.
          UKARA registration or other defences are used to prove your eligibility to import RIFs into the UK as well, as to do so is illegal without a defence
          Bear in mind, that only applies to complete RIFs, but a conversion kit is near enough a complete RIF at first glance to a customs official. It never hurts to provide your defence details when importing anything to be honest, just in case.

Comment

cheers guys.
            Seems a bit of a grey area so i think i will wait until i get my ukara.

Jay.
            Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post

thats like ordering a fire arm from the us and saying i dont need my uk licence as im importing it
              Originally posted by jonfox94
              will it be possible for me to buy this if i 2 tone it upon delivery ? i will also pay any postage fees

Comment

Originally posted by fallout3021 View Post
                thats like ordering a fire arm from the us and saying i dont need my uk licence as im importing it
                Actually its nothing like that, UKARA is not the only defence for airsoft in the UK.

Comment

Its always a risk importing anyway, the exporters dont always mark packages correctly which usually means it getting stopped by customs. I buy things like kit etc.. from Hong Kong suppliers and other countries but wouldnt buy a RIF or anything that might be of intrest to the boys in customs, not worth the hassel.
                  sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

There really is no hassle. UK Border Agency wil write to you you explain what it is and provide details of your defense and they release it to Parcel Farce who the rip you off!
                    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jay851 Find out more about jay851
                    Working...
                    X