Collapse

Need help identifying a gun (no brand?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help identifying a gun (no brand?)

Would you be able to recommend any in particular?

I have heard a madbull(?) hop up unit (£30ish) gives a good bang for the buck, or are we not talking about the unit itself?

Comment

The madbull unit wouldn't work as that's for a version 2 gearbox. The M14 uses a version 7. If you can get your hands on a Tokyo Marui M14 hopup unit you will be laughing.

Steve
      My Armory:
      ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

The Tokyo marui ones seem reasonable however everywhere is out of stock

I also want to hear thoughts on tightbore barrels - worth it?

Comment

The Tokyo marui ones seem reasonable however everywhere is out of stock

I also want to hear thoughts on tightbore barrels - worth it?

EDIT:

Thanks for the info, I'm learning a lot (version gearboxes etc) however I read that certain brands use certain diameter barrels and sometimes custom parts in gearboxes. If I have no idea what brand my gun is, is there no guarantee any upgrades I purchase will fit?

Comment

Should be ok with the stock unit unless it's broken, all you need is is the hop rubber and bucking, the Chinese ones are garbage. As for TB barrels, ACM guns tend to come with a tightish bore fitted anyway, so save you money for now. As for internals anything comparable with the TM version 7 box should be good, G&P if I remember rightly is not compatible.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ok cool, from what I gather I can get a massive performance boost from simple things such as swabbing the barrel and replacing hop rubber.

any other cheap and cheerful things I can do to improve performance on a cheap gun?

I also wouldnt mind a link to where I can get these parts (is that allowed?) is the tokyo marui hop rubber on zero one suitable?
              Last edited by Karnus; 28 April, 2011, 20:32.

Comment

I also need help adjusting my hop up, not 100% which way puts more on and which way puts less on.

Mine has an arrow pointing clockwise saying "HOP" - I'm assuming this puts more backspin on the bb?

I was confused as I read somewhere that turning the dial so it came down and out (counter clockwise) puts more backspin on the bb :S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karnus Find out more about Karnus
                Working...
                X