Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Which are the best comms or walkie talkies out there that won't break the bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are the best comms or walkie talkies out there that won't break the bank?

Hi all,
    In the last airsoft gameday I went to a friend of mine brought along a pair of Motorola walkie talkies.
    They came in very useful and at parts it felt like communicating with the team and calling out targets were the difference in-between winning and loosing games.

After the game I decided that I would like my own comms instead of having to use a mates. I like the Motorola ones, there simple, have a good range and have a slot so I could plug a headset into them.
    Anyway the question is are there better ones available that don't cost more than £30?

If you have any suggestions please leave a comment I would like to see what you guys are using.

Hunter
    Float like a butterfly,
    Sting like a bb.

Re: Which are the best comms or walkie talkies out there that won't break the bank?

i currently use motorola GP68, these are great radios for airsoft

Comment

Re: Which are the best comms or walkie talkies out there that won't break the bank?

I use Intek MT-5050

You can pick up a pair of Binatone 950 action PMR radios & charger for sub-£40. The only issue will be finding headsets that work. The common ones such as Devgru don't fit Binatones. About the only headsets that work are mobile phone boom mike set ups. The issue is that these types don't have a push to talk button, so you'll be fumbling for the button on the side of the radion For around £60 you'll get a decent Motorola or Intek pmr which will have various headset options from other aftermarket suppiers, with push to talk button options.

It's worth keeping your eye on the 'Accesories for sale' thread, as pmr radios oftne come up

Cheap n cheerful = Binatone
      Longer term serious use = others
      Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

Originally posted by LouCyffer View Post
        I use Intek MT-5050
        +1 - I have only had mine a few weeks and used it for the first time at a weekender I went to over the easter weekend.....fantastic radio.

Easy to use and with the upgraded aerial, has great range.

Budget stuff...i started out using Cobra PMR's...still have 2 of the MT200's. Nice little radios, compact and perfectly aceptable for use on most airsoft sites in terms of range etc.

: D
        sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

My friends all have various Motorola, they will suit any budget
          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hunter Find out more about hunter
          Working...
          X