X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Types of gas?

Anton check your flea mail
    This is my rifle, this is my gun.
    This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

Kickass has wayyy to much silicon in it. it jams up my glock. Green is the way forwards. except zeroone dont have any...

Inokatsu M4 GBBRs are designed for red gas (correct me if im wrong), so surely it should be available?
      red gas would destroy a plastic pistol anyways. Co2 is banned in many sites aswell.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Red Gas true red gas is very hard to get theres 2200ml red cans called ET-2200 that people and I think its around £20 a can plus postage. In reality these are not red gas there just green gas at its highest psi. Red Gas was a very good type of coolant gas used in aircon units the usa banned it a while back and Im not sure what the uk did.

True Red Gas is HCFC-22 there maybe some people who work on industrial equipment that can still get this, anything else is just propane with other stuff mixed in stored at a higher pressure. The fact is that red gas will be banned by 2020 see quote

" In 2015, the production and importing of HCFC-22 will be limited to 10% of each country's 1989 consumption level and in 2020, production and importing of HCFC-22 will be illegal. Re-use of recovered HCFC-22 to service existing equipment will be allowed indefinitely."

Using co2 with a pressure limiter to set the power seams the best option for top of the line gas guns now maybe even use a dual bottle system or use a pneumatic in line oiler to get some silicone into your co2 with your gun. Anyone who`s spent long enouth around pneumatic tools should be able to give you some advice on an in line oiler and if you are able to set your pressure to the correct level for the gun or moscart and weather conditions I dont see why a site should tell you not to use co2
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

the use of virgin r22 was banned in december 2009 under the f-gas regulations and by 2014 the use of recycled 22 will also stop if not brought foward earlier.
          co2 can only be used in co2 compatable guns/ mags as its operating pressure (not stored pressure) is 700psi higher than green gas ,temp variable.
          the pressure of co2 cannot be regulated as its fixed relative to external temperature, only the amount of co2 released can be regulated i.e adjustable nozzle size which affect fps not psi
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Ah fair enough so a co2 mod on a gun would have to limit the nozzle as well as upgrade the mag seals ?

Mad Bull have recently made a propane adapter that has an oiler built in that seams pretty cool being mad bull its a bit expensive but over time it should pay for its self as a huge propane tin is pretty cheap.

Hang on I buy propane for my outdoor grill really cheap (my bbq is charcoal my grill is propane) can you get a regulator that would allow you to fill off of that then use that mad bull adaptor on it and get your propane stupidly cheap I mean 6kg cost`s me £21 Id have to work it out into ml but Im sure filling a 2000ml bottle at that rate would cost me a few quid at the most. How dangerous would that be and what equipment would someone need to do it ?

I think Im just sticking with green gas and maybe co2 in the mad bull and s-thunder stuff.
            sigpic

Comment

Buy turbotorch propane it's about 6.50 for a 2000ml can all you'll need is a MacBook popane adaptor for about 20.00 there are 2 types a STD one an also olso one with a reservoir for silicone oil.
              This is my rifle, this is my gun.
              This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

A friend of mine has a diy shop he can probably get me propane cheap lol
                sigpic

Comment

On the topic of the Madbull propane adaptors, has anyone used them with TM mags? I've read elsewhere that the metal nozzle on the Madbull adaptors don't form as good a seal with TM fill valves as the plastic AI adaptor, thus resulting in quite a bit of gas being 'sprayed' when filling mags. I've got this problem with metal-nozzled Green Gas cans, whilst plastic-nozzled Abbey Ultra fills perfectly.

Comment

someone else makes a bight green plastic adaptor that Im sure you can order from the usa you can also put silicone in it, my other answer would be simply find a way to put the plastic onto the mad bul one
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE/]
                      Hang on I buy propane for my outdoor grill really cheap (my bbq is charcoal my grill is propane) can you get a regulator that would allow you to fill off of that then use that mad bull adaptor on it and get your propane stupidly cheap I mean 6kg cost`s me £21 Id have to work it out into ml but Im sure filling a 2000ml bottle at that rate would cost me a few quid at the most. How dangerous would that be and what equipment would someone need to do it ?[/QUOTE]

The BBQ ones are much higher pressures than anything you want to put near an airsoft gun ( they are that thick for a reason) They also mix something with it
                      TAE

Comment

ah ok bbq gas bad lol fire bad napster bad, mad bull good lol
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                        Working...
                        X