setting up a sniper team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a sniper team

im in colchester and looking to start a 5 man sniper team any help let me know.

Re: setting up a sniper team

I would recommend getting the latest issue of AI at the moment they are taking an in-depth look at making teams and the current issue at the moment is looking at team roles in general, either that or wait untill the november issue, in which they are soley focusing on the role of a sniper in a team.

this is their overview of a sniper in general,
    "This role is perhaps one of the most misunderstood team roles in airsoft. Many players make the mistake of thinking a big gun, a massive scope and a ghillie suit make you a sniper but an effective team can equally benefit from an accurate player equipped to move quickly to trouble spots and harass the enemy with pinpoint accuracy fire in simple BDUs and an accurate unscoped bolt action. The sniper is increadibly effective as an advanced scout, he need not fire a single shot to win you the game- acting as an early warning system, radioing in enemy movements from a hidden position ahead of your frontline."
    Quote directly from AI, All credit goes to them.
    hope that helps mate
    sigpic
    G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

go to your local site, if you have mates who play and are interested then see what they think. then get yourselves weapons.
      you wont want more than 3 cos snipers move independantly and with a buddy, pairs is best, but if you have 4 mates then you can have 2 pairs inwhich to suround the enemy.
      also coms will help significantly:D

Comment

Erm without being funny if you're new to the game start with normal AEG's then see if you want to move to sniping It's not what you might think as you can see from the above posts, I know that one of the big things that makes me shudder is turning up to a game and finding that someone with very little/no prior experience is sat there with a 450-500fps rifle.
        Originally posted by tackle
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Hunter512 it shows that you really know..well nothing

Just because he is new to the forum makes him a newbie to airsoft?

He could well be

But he also might not be

So either say something constructive instead of looking at his post count and think OH THAT REFLECTS IF HE PLAYS OR NOT!

Ok back to the thread

Making a 5 man team

Ok well

2 Snipers
          3 support gunners/ Your eyes and ears

Simple yet effective set up

Comment

haha, support, we tried it today and there are just to many peeps. if your going to have support, stay away but close enough for them to help if your in trouble, but because you will be all camoed up and stealthly moving up, you wont want to lose your postition cos some mug wiv an assult rifle just fell over a log!
            and, again, radios are mint. you coul be sat there with your sniping buddy and take out a few, then realise that you are out numbered. you can call in your team and safely fire and manouver out of trouble, then set up and ambush for them to walk into

Comment

Been softing fo 15 years and seen everything up to and including a 2-toned systema PTW with a stupidly hot spring, I'm sorry for the generalisation, and I bow to your superior knowledge.
              For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Two tone systema..thats disturbing, why would anyone spend that much and then two tone it..wow

I dont have superior knowledge by any means

Comment

Yeah someone with rich parents and no idea, I do apologise and I know that post count doesn't reflect the time spent playing but equally someone with their first post talking about sniping does make me nervous.

Comment

i wopuldnt get a ptw full stop

Comment

Rich parents no idea..sounds like paintball to me.

Its fair enough being cautious i suppose

But from now on lets keep this on topic

Comment

no worries, no point in the whole flame war thing. To the OP if you are looking at setting up a sniper team best if you work in pair so 6 of you and the spotter/number 2 carries somrthing like a G3SG1 with a tightbore barrel allowing for either fast semi auto double taps or going full auto and covering you if your position is compromised and or rushed.

Comment

sniperiain's first post sums up the perfect answer imo.

You dont sound like an airsofter, or someone with any sort of military experiance tbh fella, your first ever post on the forum is a bit random, asking for advice on starting a 5 man sniper team...
                          This isnt COD4 i'm afraid fella, sniping is a very different game in the field.

Get yourself an aeg first, learn the sport to begin with, talk to people at your local site, then see where you are
                          Last edited by madwelshman; 19 July, 2009, 22:51. Reason: spelling

Comment

DONT READ THE AI ARTICLE it will be a collosal waste of time much like every other ai article

Comment

well in my opion your best staying alone...
                              two people make TWICE the noise,movement,mistakes
                              five people make FIVE times the noise,movement,mistakes
                              ive worked in a pair a few times, but to be honest theres only one or two people i would trust to work with me.
                              the hole sniper/spotter with aeg thing is stupid in my opinion.
                              if you cant spot for your self then you have a problem,if you need an aeg for back up your not doing your job properly.
                              two snipers with two boltactions can work though,when ive worked in a pair one has had a 350 rifle the other a 500fps rifle.
                              the player with the lower powered rifle staying 5-10meters behnd,if the enemy get within engagement distance of the firts the second takes them out.
                              if not the first takes most people out
                              user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snipes Find out more about snipes
                              Working...
                              X