First time going woodland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time going woodland.

Im going for my first day at ****** ***** woodland on sunday. I have been airsofting for a while now but only CQB. Can anyone tell me how the day runs, how much ammo/mags i should take and how much pyro i will need. One last thing, will my glock be fine in the front pocket of my smock behind my chest rig? as i do not currently have a holster?
    "God is only airborne, because he failed the commando course"

Armoury - M4, M3 shorty, Mac11, M9
    Ex Armoury - MP5A4, G18c

Re: First time going woodland.

I go to woodland a lot, but not to ****** *****, and i always have a holster with my Meu in it, just to keep it safe

I've worn a full plate carrier, with something under it, and it can get uncomfortable

you could lose the mag from the pistol, but not the gun if you're not careful

my local woodland is quite bumpy and full of rabbit holes, if you fall on your chest, the gun will dig in underneath the rig and hurt

I'd advise leaving the pistol, as they're not really used too much at woodland. If you really want it, get a holster for it
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

****** ***** run games till lunch, so take enough ammo and pyro to last till then. I get close and only shoot when i've got a shot, so tend to use 2k bb's a day at most. However some use a lot more. If you can attah a lanyard that'd be better, but if not, yeah, should be fine in the smock, just keep an eye on it.

Comment

****** ***** runs a variety of game types. Then normally consist of a few scenario games, followed by lunch, then a few more in the afternoon. If your running with mid caps, fill them all up then take about 1k bb's in a bag or speed loaders for the morning. You can buy pyro from them on the morning, then normally do some deals. If you take your own, id take a few smokes and some ball grenades, for clearing out the buildings. If you do run out of ammo, theres plenty of time to cut back to the car park and re-fill your mags. Enjoy! Im not their greatest fan tbh, but each to their own!

Comment

I play mainly woodland and I have to say I just end up filling my pistol and getting it all ready and then end up emptying the mags on the way back to safe zone at the end of the day. Saying that there are some people I know that use their pistols religiously in woodland. If you don't have a holster I would say invest in a lanyard at the least, always nice to have and will stop you losing your pistol. I don't use Pyro myself as usually lots of other people are throwing smokes around when needed and bangs are not usually much use (well from my experience at least). I don't know the site you are talking about but it all depends on the terrain and number of players that day, but I NEVER use more than 3000 at a woodland skirmish and have only been close once but that day I was laying down lots of suppressive fire :D

Comment

I've never played at ****** ***** but my local woodland site operate on a similar basis. After the safety brief we got and don't return to the car park until lunch.

I carry 5 mid caps holding 120 rounds each. I also take out my speedloader which holds 450 rounds ish. That's about 1000 rounds ish. This will last me the morning and then I reload at dinner. For a back up I carry 1 450 round high cap but have only ever put it in my gun once. Always had enough with the mid caps. I also carry 5 mags for my hi capa which gives me an extra 150 rounds on the pistol. I love my pistols and use them as often as poss so I even use them in woodland but they are less effective than in cqb.

For you it all depends how much you like your auto fire option. I tend to use single shot mostly and when I need to I use 3 round bursts so Im fairly conservative. I know others I play with will easily get through 3500-4000 rounds in a day.
            Everyone plays the game differently at the end of the day but it should give you an idea. Enjoy.

Comment

If you dont want to fork out for a proper pistol lanyard, get some paracord, or some tough green/black string. Do a rolling hitch on to the pistol (google will be your friend!) and tie off to part of your vest / belt / belt loop.

Comment

****** ***** are a decent site, my regular woodland site, amo and BB's are just at your discretion (did i spell that right?) some people use 10,000 BB's a day some use 1000, just depends on your style of play! wouldn't really suggest using alot of pyro! i have never seen the point in using thermo's, BFG's or anything else that you can use for a grenade kill in woodland! you never normally get close enough to make them effective! well you do somtime's but i'd rather just shoot somone..use smokes though! always found smoke grenades to be good use in woodland!

Comment

I play cqb and woodland sites. I would say most people on a full day will use 2000-2500 bb's. I use less as I hardly use full auto I may use 1000 in a full day. On cqb I can use about 150 in a night. It's not how many you fire it's how many hits you get off them. . I like my pistols just incase you use your aeg ammo it's a nice back up. First hand xp buy a holster and stick the pistol mag in the mag pocket. I lost my mag out of the pistol magwell as it released somewhere and lost my mag. Also pistols are good if you want to creep up on people. I often ditch my g36 somewhere and go dual pistols.
                  This is my rifle, this is my gun.
                  This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayfamous View Post
                    use smokes though! always found smoke grenades to be good use in woodland!
                    ****** ***** attacking the village i can never decide wether smokes are usefull when attempting to get across the main bridge. i mean sure when theres no smoke cover they can easily shoot you before you make it across but on the other hand with smoke cover the defenders seem to pray and spray into the smoke anyway so either way it's rare to make it across that god dam bridge

Comment

Originally posted by omnomnom View Post
                      ****** ***** attacking the village i can never decide wether smokes are usefull when attempting to get across the main bridge. i mean sure when theres no smoke cover they can easily shoot you before you make it across but on the other hand with smoke cover the defenders seem to pray and spray into the smoke anyway so either way it's rare to make it across that god dam bridge
                      makes it a bit more fun iff you ask me, you always throw them over the bridge ss far as you can otherwise iff you actually throw them on the bridge they'll see you when you come to the end of the bridge
                      anyway there good fun all over the woods!

Comment

crossing the bridges is hard, but people tend to forget about bakers crossing and the other bridge. I wandered off on my own once, crossed fine, took a few peeps out, then got stung by a bfg being dropped next to me while i was in cover from all the enemy shooting at me, great site though, well run, and very fun..... hopefully the fort is finished for this sunday!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                          hopefully the fort is finished for this sunday!
                          They've been making that for a while now and it's finally taking shape any ideas how close it is to being finished? do they intend to leave it multicoloured?

Comment

they reckoned a days more work, i think its done tbh and nah dont think its multi coulored no more, just grey
                            sigpic

Comment

Might have to venture down a few weeks time, the fort looks like it will be incredible for games

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Downrange Find out more about Downrange
                              Working...
                              X