Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer 552

Hi,

I'm looking into replacing my mp5 and the 2 type of guns i'm down to are the SIG 552 and the H&K 416. Im leaning more towards the SIG as the 416 seems to carry a heftier price tag for similar quality (correct me if i am wrong pls!)

So ive been looking more closely to the 552. Brand wise, again have narrowed it down to either the ICS or the G&G.
    The G&G i cant find hardly any reviews etc about it however i like the look of it and it seems to be of better quality than the ICS? And it comes with a tightbore i think, but is more expensive.

Can anyone give me any opinions of these 2 and of the gun in general? What kind of range can i expect from either of these?
    Any help appreciated

Dan

Re: Sig Sauer 552

For a pretty good HK 416 the SRC gen 3 models are very good. They have very nice gearboxes as standard and are extremly well built externally too. On the sig side personally i would choose the G&G, internals wise they beat the ICS, also personally i am not a fan of ICS guns full stop. I recently took a chance and bought an L86 LSW after one game the gun has died ?. Genrelly i have found ICS have very poor qaulity internals and some of guns don't even use common parts. Range and accuracy out of the two should be about the same, however as the g&g has a tightbore, then it may well be slightly better. Combine that with the build qaulity and i think you have the answer.
    Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

I would say get the gun you preffer the look of as ultimately they are the same on the inside so you can change what needs to be changed to get it up to scratch. no point going out buying a gun because "that gun am bestust" when you would rather have something else. Also I have had the opposite experience with ICS (given I havn't used the LSW but more mp5's and had a look at a few M4's) they do have some strange parts but I found they were great ootb. I would say if you were planning on upgrading go G&G if not then ICS, but my opinion is based of brands in general and not these specific things you have mentioned.

Comment

Both of these guns seem to mostly use lipo batteries.
        Now, I have no knowledge on lipo's whatsoever apart from they need a lot more care than nimh batteries...im wondering if this is going to cause an issue

Comment

ICS internals>G&G internals externally not much between them IMO

Comment

Originally posted by s11 View Post
            Both of these guns seem to mostly use lipo batteries.
            Now, I have no knowledge on lipo's whatsoever apart from they need a lot more care than nimh batteries...im wondering if this is going to cause an issue
            LiPo batteries shouldn't need that much more care, you just need to pay attention when charging them and ensure that you don't let the charge level drop below 3V per cell I think when using em otherwise they'll never recharge again.

Comment

I thought they had a tendency to catch fire??

The SRC 416 is cool but pretty much ruling it out on the basis it needs a PEQ box for the battery. Plus i like easy takedowns and its apparently built like a house.

Looks like I may be going down the ICS 552 with a lipo route...
              Would it be worth buying a tightbore barrel and an upgraded hop rubber for this straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by s11 View Post
                I thought they had a tendency to catch fire??
                Only if you're not charging them properly or they're damaged afaik. Besides as a fireman you'll be fine if it did catch on fire...

Comment

i have a TM/JG/Hurricane sig 552, and it's the dogs nuts! great ergonomics so go with that. Or this isnt what you posted, but look at the SIG556, i love mine a lot and it has the same grip as the 552 and bolt which is nice as they are awesome

Comment

Ive just come across the G&G Top Tech T418...its in price range. What are the opions on this? I did a search and only 3 topics came up on the boards so have bumped one and added this to this thread

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

s11 Find out more about s11
                    Working...
                    X