• Show
Clear All

• M249 para

hi guys.

can any one tell me if a M249 PARA is worth geting and what make please

Thanks
    sigpic

Re: M249 para

The only difference between the para and the mk1/2 is the stock and the barrel length,it also weights more.

They are worth having if you are going to use it as a supporting role for your team (derrr)

If you are part of a team and you know that you will supress the enemy enough to move your team mates into a better position(more that you know your team WILL move up) then they are good

I have found that when i used mine it ends up just being another aeg with a box mag.Other skirmishers would just stand there and let me fire away without taking a step forward.So i wasted 6k bb's for nothing.Unfortunately when i used mine only 1 member of my team was with me that day.

If you have a regular team/squad that will move up and take advantage of the firepower then yes definately get one they are fun.

If you just turn up to games on your own or with a mate then no dont bother,you will just be carrying dead weight.Most people wont move up and you wont make any friends when your shouting at them all*

Get either a classic army or a&k (yo can pik up the latter verry cheap off here)

*For some reason when you buy a support gun you become the loudest person on the field and scream at people to MOVE UP,I think it because you know your using more plastic than anyone else and you wanna get some bloody results.

Comment

Cheers for that mate defo getitng one now.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't see many M249's on the sites I play, but when there are some, often some of our younger skirmishers enjoy shadowing them and enjoy standing behind the big gun. My advice would be get a sling and some patience and also if you are being shadowed for the day, take a couple of seconds to tell them a plan, (as Coz said) nothing worse than firing 6000rnds for nothing.

Comment

I agree with coz. Its true about the rest of your team hanging back whilst you waste 1500 bbs a match supressing them with 1min bursts to keep their heads down.
          The only advantages i see is theyre easy to take apart if something in the gearbox goes infact theres 2 screws to remove to get it out the reciever.
          Then when you do get to the gearbox its super easy to work on compared to any other ive had to work on before.

The downsides are the poor range unless you alter the hop up meaning you'll be leaving yourself vunerable by being well within the enemies range, made even worse by what was mentioned earlier by lack of team support.
          Also theyre heavy compared to your standard assault rifle, enough for you to start noticing after a couple of hours.

Comment

yeh ill have 2 get a good strong sling then and a lot of BBs lol

thanks for the advice lads
            sigpic

Comment

They are not that heavy
              Hate.
              "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

lol dont no what to get now the m249 or the magpul ACR
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

froggatt90 Find out more about froggatt90
                Working...
                X