X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Q'

Sorry if in the wrong place please move if needed

my question is that i cronoed my ICS CXP and the Fps was only 221 average
    and was wondering could i just put a stronger spring in there too boost the FPS ????
    all comment welcome

Re: FPS Q'

a reading of 221 points to there being something wrong with the gun, a stock ICS should be over 300, nearer 320-330. I would look at the air seal around the nozzle and hop-up.

Comment

obvious question but....what weight bb's were you using to chrono?
      Originally posted by palmer234
      Swerve talks sense. I like him.
      Originally posted by Robin-Hood
      Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Thats new out of the box havnt taken it apart or nothing just fired max 300 rounds

EDIT : Im was using .2's mate all i ever use in aegs

Comment

take it back to the shop and tell them it is chronoing really low
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Yes definitely. It shouldnt be anywhere near 220fps!! Something is majorly wrong!

Comment

Ok guys
              Cheers
              going to keep this thread open to see what solutions people could give me why it would be soo LOW

Comment

Factory fresh ICS guns are set up for the US market and are generally around 360 fps

UK retailers will usually downgrade on import to more site friendly levels, although some don't.

If you have bought this new, then it either skipped through QC somehow, or the retailer messed up the downgrade (or a bit of both)

If you bought it 2nd hand, then contact who you bought it from. I'm trusting your chrono is working/set up right?
                Originally posted by palmer234
                Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

yeah the crono was set up correctly as we have 2 and they were reading roughly the same each time
                  i brought i new and have a game there on the 7th of may so will take it with me crono it with their crono and complain

Comment

I would take it back earlier mate try and get it sorted for your game
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i have pistols as we have a woodland game in the morning ( MY masada) and CQB in the afternoon so ill have my pistol so it doesnt reallly matter to be quite honest if it misses out on that game

Comment

Well at least contact them ASAP. Then suggest you can take it on the 7th.
                        That would give them time to sort out taking a replacement for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post
                          yeah the crono was set up correctly as we have 2 and they were reading roughly the same each time
                          i brought i new and have a game there on the 7th of may so will take it with me crono it with their crono and complain
                          Just a suggestion.

Probably far better to ask them to test it as it is a low reading on the fps rather than immediately complain. People tend to respond better in general to a request for clarification or assistance than someone complaining.

I am sure that the shop will be happy to test it and give it the once over as you are more likely to go back if they get it right for you.

It does seem low to me I have to say and I would most certainly ask for it to be looked at.
                          Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                          Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                          Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wedge75 airsofting 12 months june 9th 2010 Find out more about wedge75
                          Working...
                          X