Spraying a receiver and retaining trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying a receiver and retaining trades

Just wondering if anyone has any tips with regards to retaining trades whilst spraying a receiver?

Obviously I could mask them off but with it being such intricate work its quite difficult to get the masking bob on. I was considering something like a crayon, going over the trades so as the crayon became embedded in the slightly recessed areas (this is providing the trades are etched).

Any other ideas?

Re: Spraying a receiver and retaining trades

I read somewhere here a while back that Milliput will do the trick. if you roll it over the trades and make sure the recesses are filled (much like your crayon idea) it should do the trick.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

If they are engraved, marmite or vaseline will do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
        If they are engraved, marmite will do the trick.
        Definitely the tastiest way

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

mask using 'copydex' or similar latex glue, use a cocktail stick to appy i little at a time as if using a tiny brush; leave this to dry thougherly, then just spray over. once paint dry just rub over receiver, the latex masking just peels away.
          This works best with recessed trades/marking, but with a little patience and a steady hand can be used for surface marks like painted fire selector numbers etc.

Jester
          sigpic

Comment

If they are engeaved why do you need to mask them? Just spray over and they will still be legible.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I used to spray over, then fill in with the Milliput technique.

Best thing is no stead hand required. Push it in the trades, then with a wet cloth keep wiping away the excess!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dfrear Find out more about dfrear
              Working...
              X