a m16 to a dmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a m16 to a dmr

hey guys, title may be slightly confusing so let me explain.

went skirmishing on sunday and saw a guy with an SR25 and instantly fell in love. I have however been advised to sway towards the m16 style of DMR.
    After a little bit of research, i have found to types, the SPR and deliverance on zero one. both however have huge pricetags.

My question is, could i buy a standard m16, and change the barrels for the
    18" RIS version aswell as inner barrel. im pretty much a noob at the internals of AEGs so have no clue what id need to do.
    What i would liek to know is
    +what type of m16 should i go for
    +what implications, if any would be involved in switching the barrels out
    +can m16s support a crane stock, and are the advised with DMR's.
    +which battery would be advised.

basically, the idea is to be able to switch the gun from the short version to the long version at home depending where im skirmishing.

cheers in advance guys
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
    -Tony Stark
    sigpic

Re: a m16 to a dmr

If it's not going to be entirely dedicated to being a DMR, and you don't want a huge price tag, then I'd suggest finding a decent second hand DMR or short m4/m16 on here, and then buy another RIS kit, installation is fairly straight forward, all you would need is another RIS kit and outer barrel. M4/M16 bodies can accommodate crane stocks fine, and there are several which are good intermediates for short/long rifle combinations, such as a Magpul UBR, or even cheaper crane stocks (see the SR-25k).

You would also want a separate inner barrel and possibly hop up unit which you can switch between the two set ups, one longer than the other obviously.

Hope that helps a little.
    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

snet you a lengthy PM mate, hope it helps
      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

If you want a true DMR, you'll need to lock it to semi, up the FPS with a bigger spring, change the piston, piston head, cylinder and cylinder head to deal with the higher FPS.

You'll also probably need a harder degree hop rubber. Best to check your sites rules on semi auto snipers.
        WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Whoops sorry double post, mods please delete.
          Last edited by DCRISP07; 4 May, 2011, 20:28. Reason: Double post
          WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Take M16A4
            Upgrade Internally (if you only do inner barrel & hop it's easy as pie, takes 5 mins)
            Add 4x Optics
            Add any external bits you may want like a Bipod and what not
            Use Nam Style Mags
            Great Success

Comment

thanks for the advice guys. Think im going for the a4 style. I beleive my site limit for semi auto is 400-450, not sure tho. Was planning on having to set up, as mentioned previously. is it worth me upgrading the gear box in anyway?
              They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
              -Tony Stark
              sigpic

Comment

what sort of fps was u looking at going for ???

Comment

Id go for a CA M16A4...take off teh front sight and put a gas block there instead, switch the stock and put a cranestock on...use special cranestock or nunchuck batterys for this...go to any goo retailer and they will stock them. Buy yourself a nice bi pod ( the Vltor ones are sexy !), as for the internals you only really need range for it to be effective as a DMR and if you did want to hit near the 400fps mark the CA gearbox should hold it. As said before get a 4x optic or red dot with magnifier.
                  hope it helps
                  CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
                  CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

If you upgrade internally stick a very high torque motor & a big battery in for awesome trigger response. Also you can just modify the selector plate so auto doesn't work.

Comment

Here is a picture of my DMR, a take on the Navy Seals Mark 12 Mod 0/1 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMC airsoft Find out more about DMC airsoft
                      Working...
                      X