Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to...

Hello,

I have recentely bought a meshed S10 Gas mask, though where the filtration system is meshed, I rathe rlike the look of the mask with the filtration unit still on it.

What is the best way to get all the filtration parts out of the filter unit? without making to much of a mark on it....

I was thinking trying to cut almost a quarter of the way down( on the side that it screws in), and also half way from the bottom up to where the other cut goes...

sorry this is hard to explain, and I havent had any coffee yet

thanks guys
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: best way to...

send me a picture of the mask and i might be able to help you
    [email protected]
    Originally posted by Evansy
    Those aren't steroids. Chris had two orphan children grafted to his arms.

Comment

You mean how do you remove the insides from the filter canister?

Its a pain in the arse, because its lined with metal mesh inside. I used a demel to cut it clean in half, pulled out all the mesh, metal discs, paper filters AND ALL THE SODDING CARBON DUST THAT GOES EVERYWHERE WHEN YOU CUT INTO IT, ARGH, then superglued it back together neatly.

Comment

@tiercel depending on the mask type you can get in from the inside of the mask and it doesnt affect the outward apperence of the mask
        Originally posted by Evansy
        Those aren't steroids. Chris had two orphan children grafted to his arms.

Comment

yes! I meant to remove the insides from the filter canister.

I was going to do two cuts using a hack saw, take the bits out, then glue it back together..

I did not relise there is metal in the filters though

sorry if I was not clear enough
          FOR SALE

Comment

If it is still fairly stock, there are a few one way valves in the S10 to enable filtration and speech. One is in the front PCM, pop it off, you are looking for a black rubber disc about 50p size. Pull this out. Under the canister, I think on the inside of the mask, there is another similar seal, pull this one too. This way wou will be able to breath through bothe the side and front.

Doing this will mean it is useless in a chemical attack....
            'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

its already got mesh goggles, so its pretty useless already! the bit that the cannister screw onto normally is also meshed up!

it prob best to play with out the filtration bit on...

but I prefer the look

I want to empty everything out of the filtration bit, so its easier to breath...
              FOR SALE

Comment

Yeah, the non return valves are in place to ensure you breath in through canister, and out through front PCM. Pop these out, and you can breath in all different directions.
                'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                Working...
                X