Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Handguard - Which Battery?

Hola,

Just wanted some information as to what batteries (apart from standard mini type) would fit into a CA M15A4 plastic handguard. Was thinking of buying either a 'nunchuck' or something similar to help with the battery lasting longer.

I'm also intgrigued about LiPo's - The gun is fresh out of the box and from what I can gather, the internals are good quality. Would I be able to get away with a 7.4 LiPo without doing any damage?

Any feedback is massively appreciated as always.

Aaron
    "They love it, they do, they love it"

Re: M4 Handguard - Which Battery?

Sure, LiPo's dont do any damage to guns unless tampered with and will happily fit into an M4 handguard, even got one myself. get a deans connector too and the trigger response should increase.

Comment

Would you just recommend a simple stick LiPo with the same mAh as the normal battery? In my instance, it would be 1500 mAh

Sorry for the naivety, but what's a deans connector and how would that attach?

Comment

If you wanna go lipo, great. I personally haven't because I find the whole "Let's fix something that already works- because we're airsofters" a tad annoying.
        Don't get me wrong! I love to break things!

I use a 3800mAh mini battery with mini tamiya connectors. They last all day, easily if you're not trigger happy. It costed me around £10 per battery, less if you buy more than 1.
        I can't post where I get them from, just Pm me for more details, and I'll shove you in the right direction!
        I use these batteries in everything. They will fit anywhere...nearly! (Can nearly get two in my M4's handguard)

GP.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much so far chaps - Making this a lot easier for me!

PM'd GP

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
            I use a 3800mAh mini battery with mini tamiya connectors. They last all day, easily if you're not trigger happy.
            All day!? 3800mah should last all weekend!
            bought [bawt]
            verb
            Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
            brought [brawt]
            verb
            Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

I get 2 days out of an 8.4 1600 mah mini and fit perfectly in the hanguard

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
                All day!? 3800mah should last all weekend!
                I've had them last half a day before... maybe my smart charger is lying to me...

My gun's are power thirsty obviously... (I don't usually spend more than 1000 rounds a day)
                Then again, I forgot to eat all day at my last skirmish.... maybe I'm running on my batteries... hehe.
                sigpic

Comment

Guys... sending links via Private Messaging is breaking forum rules...

GP - would you be able to take a picture of this mini type 3800mAh battery. I've never heard of small-type cells being able to carry so much ampage.

mack - damn man you must be light on the trigger. General rule of thumb is 1mAh = 1 round. But with higher quality battery packs you can get 1.5 rounds per milliamp, or so. Believe it or not, my cheapo China 9.6v 1200mAh battery that came with (some gun...? china made anyway) can last for around 2000 rounds. But it all depends on the quality of the wiring, length of wiring, motor model, connector, quality of cells in battery.

If I were you, for an M4 handguard, go for a 7.4v 2100 (or 2200mAh) 25C lipo battery - it would last you a day most probably, would give similar rate of fire to a 9.6v mini, yet its the same size as an 8.4v mini!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Will find my camera.

Also sorry Gaffa. I did not link. I merely pushed in the right direction, e.g. Google keyword suggestions.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH crap. They're 2800mAh... (facepalm) Please allow me to crawl into a hole and die in shame...
                    will take a pic anyhow.
                    Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 6 May, 2011, 19:21. Reason: *facepalm*
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah sorry, wasn't meant to sound like an accusation.

Thought the 3.8K was a lot! Yeah that's not a mini type battery, it's a 4/5SC. So neither large or mini! Interesting though... had never thought they'd fit!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

you can fit 9.6 1600 in m4 grips, 7.4 split pack 2600 lipos, 11.1 split pack lipos 1800

also can modify an ptw battery to fit inside by re-shaping the pack,

depends what sort of battery your after

Comment

Thanks again for the replies.

guard-sniper, I was initially looking for a normal type battery, but one larger than a mini type, to fit inside the handguard so that it lasts longer throughout the day. (Wasn't sure if a nunchuck or cranestock would work)

I wasn't really aware of the options of a LiPo until very recently and wanted a bit more info on them (which I now have - thank you)

Comment

basically mate,

lipos are alot more power derived, they deliver the power constantly due to the ammount of v's stored in each cell, ~( can go on but i wont as idiots will moan and mard )

but a small lipo such as a 7.4v 2200mah 20c lipo gives the same power output overall as a 9.6v 3700mah NIMH battery, and will last all day if not trigger happy,

i use 7.4 2600 25c two cell split packs in my M4 hand guard and it lasts me all day and im always in the front assaults,

so the lipo route pays for itself over and over again aslong as you keep the batteries balanced and charged without letting the cells drop below the warning level ( by using a lipo alarm which warns you while your shooting )

Comment

In my opinion, you should go for LiPo batteries.
                              NiMh is outdated, and is to big, heavy, expensive, and does not deliver enough amps to power an upgraded gun/motor.
                              Sure, your gun is std now, but how long will that last? Mayby you want to switch your plastic handguards out with an RIS and then it would be quite pleasent for you to be able to throu a LiPo in the stocktube or under the RIS.
                              Started using LiPo's 2 years ago and i havent been looking back since.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Junglespy Find out more about Junglespy
                              Working...
                              X