What would you do as a newish player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do as a newish player?

ok so i got a a&k Masada imported a few month ago since then iv managed to lose one of the Fire-selector's and had to take it apart at least twice because of things falling to bits inside it. what would be a better option (in the long run) invest in some m4 (probably looking at a g&p one) or find some way to get the masada to a skirmish able state?
    Originally posted by fuzzhead
    I am wondering if a gay boy will fit an warrior l96 and what the point of them are

Re: What would you do as a newish player?

id go with getting a g and p m4 mate because you can count on it that it will almost never break.
    i would recomend a g and p m4 tank as my mate has one and it looks the part and fires the part. its also good at cqb and woodland so its a great all rounder. only problem is that its quite expensive.
    with the massada i would get it serviced and fixed by a proffesional and then sell it on here

Turkey

Comment

...or

You could do what I did and get some parts and get familiar with the insides of the gun. I bought an AUG before I even knew a thing about airsofting and because of my amateurish knowledge, I thought it wad broken (turns out it was the battery duh) so I opened it up and ruled out all possibilities...even though I later realised that it was irrelevant, it got me totally familiar with a V3 gearbox and all of the workings of an AEG. As at some point if you're going to be playing a lot, it's definitely beneficial to learn about the inside of the guns. You say as a beginner you've opened it up a couple of times, that's pretty good so you must be learning a little bit at a time.

If you choose to get it fixed and sell it to fund a more reliable gun, so be it, but in my personal opinion, if you tinker with it and work out how to fix and maintain it, you will have a headstart later on.

Personal choice obviously!

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

...if only the A&K Masada was easy to re-assemble. Damn selectors.

G&P's Armalites are often flawed by their hop unit. Plus, the KWA 2GX internals are far better anyway. So if your problem in the past has been a gun that's insides are made out of cheese, and that because of this you've not been able to play, then the KWA is the one to go for, without a doubt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Didn't realise that the A&K Masada was that rubbish. I sort of half retract my statement if that's the case!

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegill View Post
            Didn't realise that the A&K Masada was that rubbish. I sort of half retract my statement if that's the case!
            It's not. Must have gotten a dud. The motor is poor, as well as a couple of internal components, but on the whole, externally its brilliant, internally its fine.

Mind you, I've got HS gears, a new piston, new motor and tightbore, and she runs fantastically.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

honestly the "core" internals have been fine (admittedly the motor is a little slow) what iv lost on the gun is one of the fire-selectors and this made it very lose so its a case of needing a new fire-selector. most internal work wasn't a big job, changed the spring (was firing 400 out of the box so needed to drop it to 350) also the little pin that holds the mag catch fell out so that meant taking the whole gearbox out. i was looking at getting a g&p moe for about £195 from abroad. if im honest i dont want to sell my Masada cause its what i really wanted (i couldn't justify £400 for the pts one as a first gun)
              Originally posted by fuzzhead
              I am wondering if a gay boy will fit an warrior l96 and what the point of them are

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raptor Find out more about Raptor
              Working...
              X