Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we kac pdw

Hey guys...

Right, so i was after a WE m14 ebr, but it aint looking promising to get one yet, so in the mean time, i have been offered a we kac pdw in a trade, so i'm just asking for abit of advice, and a very short review at the same time...

Right, first up, fps is gonna be an issue, it's currently at 430 which is no way skirmishable, it has the npas kit installed, but no tool so i can't adjust it, is there a specific tool i need, if so can i get one cheap and in the uk?

Next, i think it's the standard bolt, but i will eventually be going for the 'open bolt style' from ratech, am i right in thinking with an open bolt you cannot use the npas kit, if so, how would i keep the fps down low?

Mags/gas... Right, it comes with 7gas mags, which is fine, but what gas will be the best sort for using with it? Also co2 mags are an option, what do you think?

Upgrades, as for upgrades wise, what can it take? Standard hop nubs (hnub), tightbores and standard buckings? Or does it have a different sort...?

So yeh, that's all the questions asked, now i just want to know a general overview of the rifle, how does it perfom compared to AEG's? What's the range / accuracy like? Is it gonna be reliable? Out of 1-10, (10being good), where would it be put on the scale?

Basically i wanna know should i keep saving for the ratech m14 ebr...

thanks alot guys!

Re: we kac pdw

Right, so i was after a WE m14 ebr, but it aint looking promising to get one yet, so in the mean time, i have been offered a we kac pdw in a trade, so i'm just asking for abit of advice, and a very short review at the same time...

Right, first up, fps is gonna be an issue, it's currently at 430 which is no way skirmishable, it has the npas kit installed, but no tool so i can't adjust it, is there a specific tool i need, if so can i get one cheap and in the uk? Yes easy to find with google

Next, i think it's the standard bolt, but i will eventually be going for the 'open bolt style' from ratech, am i right in thinking with an open bolt you cannot use the npas kit, if so, how would i keep the fps down low? You can get an OB NPAS, about £15

Mags/gas... Right, it comes with 7gas mags, which is fine, but what gas will be the best sort for using with it? Also co2 mags are an option, what do you think? Green, CO2 pain in the ass and not all sites take it

Upgrades, as for upgrades wise, what can it take? Standard hop nubs (hnub), tightbores and standard buckings? Or does it have a different sort...?RATech Stinger Hop up

So yeh, that's all the questions asked, now i just want to know a general overview of the rifle, how does it perfom compared to AEG's? What's the range / accuracy like? Is it gonna be reliable? Out of 1-10, (10being good), where would it be put on the scale? Id say 9 for mine, i use it cqb mainly and cant fault it, it was a CB and i changed it and you know what theres not much difference, it was awesome before even in freezing conditions, you do have to get into GBB way of playing though

Do it, then if you dont like it'll sell, a WE M14 RAtech EBR is stupid money especially for your first GBBR
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
      Hey guys...

Right, first up, fps is gonna be an issue, it's currently at 430 which is no way skirmishable, it has the npas kit installed, but no tool so i can't adjust it, is there a specific tool i need, if so can i get one cheap and in the uk?

Yes the tool is an inverted allen key,
      Not sure on the size but i would think they are quite rare.

Next, i think it's the standard bolt, but i will eventually be going for the 'open bolt style' from ratech, am i right in thinking with an open bolt you cannot use the npas kit, if so, how would i keep the fps down low?

You cant use the NPAS thats currently in there, you would have to spend another £15 or so for the OB version.

Mags/gas... Right, it comes with 7gas mags, which is fine, but what gas will be the best sort for using with it? Also co2 mags are an option, what do you think?

Green/propane only, or CO2 if your happy selling off all the gas mags. Also if you plan on changing the gun to OB you will get a single conversion kit for the mag, so will need to source 6 more kits for the remaining kits.

Upgrades, as for upgrades wise, what can it take? Standard hop nubs (hnub), tightbores and standard buckings? Or does it have a different sort...?

RA-tech do a bucket load of upgrade parts just have a look, but bear in mind the OB & CB use different hop rubbers i believe.
      And the "nub" on a WE GBBR is just a ball bearing.

So yeh, that's all the questions asked, now i just want to know a general overview of the rifle, how does it perfom compared to AEG's? What's the range / accuracy like? Is it gonna be reliable? Out of 1-10, (10being good), where would it be put on the scale?

Basically i wanna know should i keep saving for the ratech m14 ebr...

thanks alot guys!
      Personaly IMO unless you have money to burn converting it and upgrading it id either keep saving for M14 or buy the PDW as a brand new OB version and drop a tightbore, NPAS and hop rubber in it.
      Will work out tons cheaper.

Comment

Re: we kac pdw

would still be cheaper including the 7 mags?
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I only realised after i posted that it was a "trade" so yes it isnt as bad as i made it sound.

£80-90 for the OB kit
          £25 for the mag conversions
          About £40 for the tightbore and hop rubber.

If your happy putting that ammount of money into it then you will have quite a nice gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
          Working...
          X